Kids Opti Sailing School (ages 6-10)
An afternoon day program designed for kids that emphasizes sailing concepts, teamwork, and skills development while offering off-water activities to keep everyone having fun and learning about life on the lake and the ecosystem of Otsego County. Participate in one week or more - students who spend more time in sessions will most effectively build their sailing knowledge, skills, and experience translating learning into action.
· The program run 5 days per week.
· Class size is limited to 20 students per course session. Refunds will be offered if a session is cancelled due to low enrollment.
· Students may register for one or more course sessions and begin with any session.
· Class starts at 1 p.m. and ends at 4:30p.m., Monday through Friday.
· Supervision may not always be available before and after each class session. Please plan to stay with your student until the instructors are ready to begin camp and be on time for pickup.
· Students must pass a water safety test on the first day of camp.
· All students should have completed kindergarten by June 26, 2023.
SESSION 1/ CLASS DATES: June 26-June 30
SESSION 2/ CLASS DATES: July 3-July 7
SESSION 3/ CLASS DATES: July 10-July 14
SESSION 4/ CLASS DATES: July 17-July 21
SESSION 5/ CLASS DATES: July 24-July 28
All sailing students must have a properly fitted life jacket with attached whistle, sneakers, clothes they are comfortable getting wet in, and a change of clothes. It is suggested for young sailors that a backpack be sent daily with the following items: water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bathing suit, closed toe shoes that can get wet (to maximally protect against zebra mussels), towel, long sleeve shirt/light jacket for cooler, windier days.