The Keeping the Joy in Relationships workshop is both fun, enlightening, and packed with experiential activities designed to help Participants improve all relationships through an even deeper understanding and embodiment of Positive Discipline Principles. Whether you have been married for 30 years or are looking for a committed relationship, this workshop provides the tools to establish, strengthen, and rediscover Connection, Passion, and Joy in any relationship. Come alone or with your partner - this workshop is about personal growth and what YOU bring to your relationship.
In this workshop you will learn:
- The Couple's Dialogue Process: Why it is so difficult to really listen, and what to do about it.
- How to take responsibility without guilt.
- How to affect lasting change in your relationship (hint: it doesn’t involve changing your partner).
- How the beliefs formed in your early childhood enhance and/or challenge your relationship.
- Effective, solution-oriented strategies for handling conflicts when they arise.
- How to understand and speak your partner's love language.
- How to listen beyond the words to what your partner really "means" and "needs".
- How to do the “little things” and make a BIG difference.
- How your relationship affects your children.
- The strengths/challenges of your Lifestyle Priority (Top Card) and how to make the most out of your strengths.
- And many more Positive Discipline tools to bring deeper connection and lasting joy to your relationship!
Meet the Facilitators:
Dr. Jane Nelsen is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Child Counselor in San Diego, CA, author and co-author of the best-selling Positive Discipline Series, and international keynote speaker and facilitator. Dr. Nelsen is married to a very supportive husband and is the mother of 7 children, grandmother of 22 grandchildren, and great-grandmother of 11 great- grandchildren.
Amber Traina, Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and mother of two, is the eldest granddaughter of Dr. Jane Nelsen. Amber brings the third generation of Positive Discipline to her own family and enjoys sharing the invaluable tools that Positive Discipline offers with couples, parents, educators, and caregivers so that they may build empowering, respectful relationships with the people in their lives. A graduate of Wake Forest University, Amber currently resides with her husband and children on Long Island, NY.
October 5-6, 2019
The Atlanta Center for Wellness, Atlanta, GA
Early Bird $245/ind, $350/couple
(After Sep 5, $295/ind, $400/couple)
Includes: Tool Cards, KJR Playbook