Summer PopUps is back for the 4th straight year in a row!!!!
The Summer PopUps series offers teens (13 - 18) the opportunity to try a new activity or learn something new.
For the month of June, Summer PopUps will take to the virtual world and will hold sessions via Zoom.
The current dates and locations are as follows:
- 6/2, 6/9, 6/16, 6/23 - Virtual
- 7/28 – Downtown Clermont
- 8/04 – Lake David, Groveland
The virtual popups will consist of:
June 2, 2020
- 5:00 p.m. - Kickboxing
- 7:00 p.m. - NASA
June 9, 2020
- 5:00 p.m. - Creative Writing
- 7:00 p.m. - Preparing Your College Essay
June 16, 2020
- 5:00 p.m. - Hair Styling Tips
- 7:00 p.m. - Theory of Photography
June 23, 2020
- 5:00 p.m. - Public Speaking
- 7:00 p.m. - Podcasting 101
Following the virtual sessions, Thrive Clermont has tentatively scheduled live popups in both Downtown Clermont and in Groveland.
For the live popups, activities can be indoor or outdoor and range anywhere from fishing, to cake decorating, to self-defense, and more within various venues in South Lake County. Each night after the activities have concluded there will be food and music along with raffle prizes to give away.
Check out a video from last year's 2019 Summer PopUps