Dear IOSH Members,
IOSH Singapore Branch is delighted to invite you to the first IOSH Networking Night of 2019 at Lifelong Learning Institute on 30th January 2019. We are pleased to introduce our guest speaker, Mr David Townsend, a highly experienced fire and explosion investigator. Don’t miss out on this very relevant topic for learning!
Bio of David Townsend
As a manager of Andrew Moore & Associates group fire response and investigation services, David is responsible for fire, and explosion investigations as well as fire related consultancy assignments, ashore and afloat, worldwide. He has a vast experience of fire, including firefighting, tactics, command and control, fire safety, risk assessment and product safety.
David has attended over 3,000 fire incidents and acted as a lead investigator on a further 2,150 cases, including all building types and classes, yachts, ships, industrial plants, vehicles. He has previously held the position of Senior Fire Investigator with IFIC Forensics, and gained throughout his impressive career a wealth of experience of fire brigade organization and fire response across the world.
David will be sharing with us his experience on the following subject matter:
· Expert witness duties and burdens of proof
· Fundamentals of fire investigation
· Metro train fire case – Covering many aspects of the whole process and especially applicable as MRT expansion network is huge in Singapore
· House fire where the owner innocently but foolishly made structural changes that threatened lives of the family, it also demonstrates perception and experience of investigators
· Aggregates plant fire caused by hot works - A high court case and demonstrates insurer issues. Risk management and assessment (Briefly, with reference to cladding)
· Trends and issues
· Other case studies that include a broad range of related topics.
Location: Lifelong Learning Institute - 11 Eunos Road 8 Singapore 408601 (Next to Paya Lebar MRT)
Venue: Training Room 2-1 (Refer to the display TV at the venue for any updates)
Date: Wednesday, 30th January 2019
Time: 18:30 – 21:00
Light refreshments are provided.
Event is free-of-charge for members. Non-members are required to pay a cover charge of $20 on registration or in cash on the day of event. Should you have any queries please drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IOSH Singapore Branch is committed to organising regular networking nights to keep your knowledge developing while getting to meet great like-minded professionals! Do save the following dates and we will keep you posted what’s happening:
· 28 Feb
· 28 Mar
· 25 Apr
GROW PERSONALLY GROW PROFESSIONALLY.
IOSH Singapore Branch Chairman