Gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare, implement, and facilitate successful group medical visits by joining us in this virtual, four part series! This series was designed to fit into your current schedule and provide you the opportunity to learn all you need to know to start and maintain an effective and engaging program in your community by breaking the intensive curriculum into four, manageable 2.5 hour evening sessions. Additionally, we will be teaching virtual group visit techniques and pointers so that we can all navigate COVID while using group models!
Presented by leaders in the field, Dr. Jeffrey Geller, MD, FP and Dr. Paula Gardiner, MD, MPH, you'll not only be introduced to the various aspects of group medical visits, but also have the opportunity to apply the strategies through virtual breakouts and small group sessions.
Weekly 4- Part, Live Online Training
- The four sessions will be held on October 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th
- Each session will last 2.5 hours
- Starting at 7 pm ET
- Ending at 9:30 pm ET
This program will provide:
- An overview of the history, different types, and evidence supporting the efficacy of Group Medical Visits
- The best practices for introducing the benefits, fostering motivation, gathering resources, and implementing GMVs in clinical settings
- Successful strategies for basic facilitation, engagement, group management, and patient recruitment
- Virtual group visit techniques and pointers for navigating through COVID while using group models
- Advanced methods for facilitating difficult discussions and challenging situations as well as implementing GMVs for special populations
- Skill sessions to strengthen your ability to: engage patients, guide conversations, mediate challenging situations, set goals and intentions with patients, and more.
CME CREDIT INFORMATION
The AAFP has reviewed ICGMV: Training Series on Group Medical Visits, and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 10/07/2020 to 10/06/2021. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Credit approval includes the following session(s):
- 2.50 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Introductory Training - Session 1: Introduction to Group Medical Visits
- 2.50 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Introductory Training - Session 2: Fundamentals of Facilitating Group Visits
- 2.50 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Introductory Training - Session 3: Successful Strategies for Group Management and Adaptable Practices
- 2.50 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit(s) - Introductory Training - Session 4: Intermediate Methods of Facilitating Group Visits