Presented by: The Department of Psychology and The Center for the Science of Social Connection
This is a one-day workshop for mental health practitioners.
Relationships matter. As human beings we seek and need close, safe, trusting relationships with others to survive and to thrive. We yearn for connection and to not feel alone. Professionally, we aim to help our clients improve their relationships and we know that forming close, trusting relationships is central. This workshop will provide a set of evidence-based practices that can immediately deepen and improve the quality of your relationships. The processes, based on a contextual-behavioral model of close, personal relationships, can be applied across settings in which relationships matter, including friends, family, co-workers, and romantic relationships. Specific applications for deepening your therapy relationships and improving the therapy alliance will be discussed. The skills are relevant across therapy relationships, including work with children, families, couples, and adults.
Come to this workshop by yourself or bring a partner to do the exercises with and deepen your relationship.
6 CE credits available for WA State Psychologists.
Through the workshop you will:
· Practice the core processes in a flexible and heartfelt way with other workshop attendees
· Learn how to assess your own, and your client’s, strengths and weaknesses implementing these processes
· Learn easy-to-apply exercises for clients and others with whom you wish to help deepen relationships
The workshop will be lead by Dr. Jonathan Kanter:
· Internationally respected trainer of Functional Analytical Psychotherapy
· Director of UW's Center for the Science of Social Connection
· Published over 100 peer reviewed papers and books
The University of Washington Department of Psychology
119A Guthrie Hall Box 351525
Seattle, WA 98105
The Center for the Science of Social Connection
3917 University Way NE, Suite 207
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 685 - 7462
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can get a full refund for up to 14 days from the date of purchase. We accept Master, Visa, Discover and AMEX credit cards.