During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC) certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a Certified SAFe® Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe® Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe® (SA), SAFe® for Government (SGP), SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), SAFe® DevOps (SDP), SAFe® Agile Software Engineering (ASE), SAFe® for Teams (SP), and SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE).
- You must be a certified RTE and an SPC to teach the RTE course, and only Gold Partner SPCTs can qualify to teach the RTE course in a public environment.
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey
Leading SAFe® – Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® – Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
Who will benefit?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Price for the training (per seat)
€ 2995 excl. taxes
This price includes the 4 days training, licence for the exam, handbook and lunches.
Dates and location of the training
Tuesday, 5th to Friday, 8th of November 2019
Google Maps : https://goo.gl/maps/brrQFgQ5i1zXFaKL9
Adam Mattis is a proven influential partner for organizational leadership on the journey to sustained growth by reinventing the way brands approach technology, operations, people, and customers. Adam gained his experience leading Mattis & Company through iterations as an Internet Service Provider, Engineering Services Partner, eCommerce Platform Provider, Product Development Advisor, and eventually Business Agility Transformation Advisor; leading him to become part of Accenture | SolutionsIQ where he served as the Agile HR Practice Lead and Enterprise Transformation Engagement Lead.
Adam is a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer (SPCT) with many years of experience overseeing SAFe implementations across a wide range of industries and institutional sizes. He is an experienced Transformation Architect, engaging speaker, energetic trainer, and a regular contributor to the broader Lean-Agile and educational communities.
Adam has the ability to quickly understand organizational complexity and balance deep technical understanding with creativity and business acumen. Adam has degrees in Information Technology, Business Information Systems, and an MBA from Norwich University.
David Ferreira (Co-Trainer)
Program director and architects, David has more than 20 years of experience in Capgemini in several sectors: public services, utilities, telecom, retail, … David is SPCT-Canditate and has the experience in several Implementing SAFe training as a co-trainer and more than 50 SAFe® trainings (Leading SAFe, PO/PM, SASM, SSM, DevOps, Architects). In 2010, David had his first agile experience directly at scale (9 teams agile). After few Agile & DevOps experiences, he met the Scaled Agile Framework in 2015 and re-discovered some principles he had put in place but also all the things that he missed these 5 years.
Since then he dedicated himself to helps Capgemini customers for their Lean-Agile-DevOps transformations. David will share its passion for agility and his experience with complex & rich human experiences in these real large enterprises.