This course provides training for municipal fire service personnel who require advanced application of the Incident Command System (ICS). This course uses the following Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) curriculum: ICS-300: Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents and ICS-400: Advanced ICS Command and General Staff – Complex Incidents.
ICS-100, ICS-200, NIMS 700 & NIMS 800
To meet attendance requirements, participants must review each training module and complete all required course assignments, activities, quizzes, and/or end of course exam.
- Course will cover the most commonly used ICS Forms in creating Incident Action Plans and a recommended planning process and
- ICS Findamentals Review
- Unified Command, Incident/Even Assessment and Incident Objectives
- Incident Resource Management
- Planning Process
- Transfer of Command and Closeout
- Major and/or Complex Incident/event management
- Area Command
- Multi-Agency Coordination System (MACS)
The target audience of this course is senior municipal fire service personnel who are expected to perform in a management capacity in an Area Command or Multi-Agency Coordination Systems (MACS) Entity.
Continuing Education And Professional Credits
- State Firefighters’ and Fire Marshals’ Association of Texas (SFFMA)
- Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP)