In partnership with the Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, the Canton of Geneva and the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, the University of Geneva has organized, since 2013, an annual Human Rights Week in Geneva, Switzerland.
This year’s Human Rights Week includes:
- A public lecture by Michelle Bachelet, High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Five round tables on: migration and international solidarity; being a human rights defender in 2018; innovations in defending and promoting human rights; Syria; and the human rights responsibilities of multinational corporations
- Four performances of Dominique Ziegler’s play ‘La Route du Levant’
- A two-day conference on human rights and cyberspace
- Debates for secondary school students