Compare and contrast essay helps in assessing the distinctions and similarities between the two items. For an essay writer, these articles can be of the same classification however ought to be distinctive in nature. These can be two distinct types of pets or books. Additionally, an examination between two items should be possible by drawing a Venn outline.
This kind of essay requires the writer a follow a particular diagram examined underneath:
1. Picking the Objects
Two fundamental significant focuses ought to be remembered while picking the articles.
- They ought to be of the same class
- In any case, ought to be distinctive in nature
2. Recognize Similarities and Differences
Compare the two items with the assistance of a Venn graph. Draw two covering hovers one for each item. Note down the distinctions in the different circles.
3. Appropriate Organizational Structure
Pick an appropriate authoritative structure that suits your fundamental argument. Besides, it is smarter to write around one item at a solitary time and afterward move to the subsequent one.
4. Use Transition Words
Use change words to make a stream in your body sections. Words like in any case, both, in like manner, comparably, and then again, are some solid progress words.
5. Essay Outline
It is smarter to design the essay before writing it. In this manner, making a well-organized framework is the most ideal way. The typical arrangement of this essay type incorporates a presentation, postulation statement, body passages, and end.
Choose an impressive topic and draft an essay title. The next step is to write an introductory paragraph that would include all the important points you want to discuss in your essay. Try to write them in a logical manner.
Moreover, composing a thesis statement of 1-2 sentences. It should state the main argument and purpose of your essay.
There are usually three to five body paragraphs in an essay. though sometimes, comparing and contrast may double the number of paragraphs.
Make sure to follow your professor’s instructions during this part. Similarly. a writer can also present his personal opinions in the body by giving solid evidence to support them.
The concluding paragraph summarizes all the information in your essay. Restate the main arguments by using transition words. Avoid adding any new information that may leave an open-ended question in the reader’s mind. Lastly, create a smooth connection between a body paragraph and a conclusion.
Revise and proofread your essay after writing it. However, do not read it immediately. Take an hour or at least a day to identify more grammatical and spelling mistakes.
Moreover, you can also ask your friends or family to help you with this. Make changes according to the suggestions.
Approaches to Compare and Contrast Essay
There are two different approaches to writing this type of essay. These are:
It is a point by point method. Here, a writer can discuss all the relevant information about both the objects. Similarly, he can also present an idea regarding the first object and then relate it to the second object.
It is a subject by a subject technique where a writer can present his ideas related to one object. Similarly, he then also presents his ideas for the second object.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topic Ideas
The selection of the essay’s topic is one of the most crucial tasks. Select the area that may interest you. Avoid choosing a too broad or narrow topic.
Here, we made a list of some topics for you to choose from.
- Working at home vs. working at the office. Which one is better?
- Traditional education vs. online education
- What are the differences between McDonald's and KFC?
- Obama or Trump. Which one was better?
- Shakespeare's Othello contrast to Hamlet
- Physical or mental stress?
- How is argumentative and persuasive essay different?
- How masters and Ph.D. are different?
- Compare Android vs. iPhone
- App store vs. Play store: Which one to choose?
- What are the differences and similarities between culture and modernism?
- Difference between World War I and World War II
- Adverse effects of both coffee and tea
- Living in-home vs. living in a flat
- Reading and writing: Benefits of both
- Greek and Roman Culture: Differences and Similarities
- Compare both the Academic Writing and Scientific Writing
- Compare thriller and horror movies
- Earthquakes or Tsunami: Which one is more dangerous?
- Similarities and differences between sun and moon
- Desktop computers or tablets
- Modern life versus Stone Age
- Differences and Similarities between European and American literature
Finding impressive compare and contrast essay topics along with writing an essay on it is quite a challenging task. However, getting professional assistance from “write my essay for me” service can help you with your writing tasks. There are many online companies providing such services at affordable rates. They also guarantee you timely delivery and excellent quality.