IBW Homebrew Entry Form
Homebrew Bottle ID Form
HOW IT WORKS
- Register to enter online by Saturday, May 4, 2019.
- Drop off your beer at Innovation Brew Works during the week of Sunday, May 19, 2019 - Saturday, May 25, 2019 (8 am – 4 pm weekdays, 1 pm – 6 pm weekends).
- Additional drop off locations include:
Monrovia Homebrew Shop (Monrovia, CA), Eagle Rock Home Brewing Supply (Los Angeles), Revolt Homebrew Supply (Montclair, CA), and Pacific Brewing Supplies (San Dimas, CA). See locations for hours of operation.
- Beers will be judged the weekend of Friday, May 31 - Sunday, June 2, 2019.
- Results announced Thursday, June 6th, 2019 at 7:00pm at Innovation Brew Works.
- Grand Prize winner will brew their beer with our Brewer in our Brew House on our 3.5 BBL system. The date of the brew will be coordinated by the winner and our brew master. Detailed recipes must be submitted 2 days prior to brew day to the Brewer at Innovation Brew Works. Fermentation will be monitored by our Brewer. Beer will be released during a “Special Release Party” on a day of the winner’s choosing. The date of the release party will be determined after the winning beer has been brewed, and will depend largely on the fermentation time of the winning recipe. Release Party includes pizzas and appetizers for the winner and up to 12 guests. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to disqualification.
- Two runner-up entries will receive a trophy and two free pizza coupons.
Entries that are disqualified may still be judged, but will not be eligible for prizes. You will be notified if your entry has been disqualified.
1. You MUST be 21 or older to enter.
2. Two bottles of the same beer must be submitted for each entry. Any size plastic or glass bottles between 12 and 24 ounces are acceptable.
3. Bottles and caps/lids must have no distinguishing marks or labels.
4. Use rubber bands to secure a Bottle ID to EACH bottle. DO NOT USE TAPE OR GLUE.
5. Only 1 ENTRY will be allowed per registration. You may enter more than one beer, but a registration is required for each entry.
6. All entries become the property of Innovation Brew Works and will not be returned.
7. Only beer may be entered. No mead, cider, or wine entries will be accepted.
8. Home-brewed beer only. No entries brewed at commercial facilities will be accepted.
9. Malt extracts are acceptable, all-grain encouraged.
$12 per entry.
HOW TO REGISTER
Register online here: https://events.eventzilla.net/e/home-brew-contest-presented-by-innovation-brew-works-2138727366.
Entry forms will also be available at Innovation Brew Works.
Register by: Saturday, May 4, 2019.
Submit Beer By: Drop off your entry in person at Innovation Brew Works the week of Sunday, May 19, 2019 - Saturday, May 25, 2019 (7 am – 8 pm weekdays, 1 pm – 6 pm weekends). Entry may also be dropped off at brewing supply locations listed above during these dates.
Contest Judging: Friday, May 31, 2019 - Sunday, June 2, 2019.
Announcement of Results: Thursday, June 6th at 7:00PM.
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will have an opportunity to brew their recipe with our brewers on our 3.5 BBL system. Also, the grand prize winner will have a beer release party featuring your beer brewed in our system for you and 12 friends at Innovation Brew Works! Your name will be added to our “Wall of Brewers” in perpetuity at Innovation Brew Works.
All entries will receive feedback and scorecards from our judging panel.
(2) trophy and two free pizza coupons for 2nd and 3rd place winners.
· Each entry should be entered according to the 2015 BJCP style guidelines (http://bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf). Entries must be referred to by category and subcategory letter (i.e., “1B: American Lager”).
· Judges will not be given the identity of the brewer or entrant.
· Copies of completed official judging forms will be given to contestants following the competition.
· All entries will be judged according to the official BJCP style guidelines. (http://www.bjcp.org/docs/Judge_Procedures_Manual.pdf).
· A judging panel will have a minimum of two judges and a maximum of four judges.
If you have any questions, please contact Melody at: MPYoung@cpp.edu