IBW Homebrew Entry Form
Homebrew Bottle ID Form
Innovation Brew Works Home Brewing Contest
Terms and Conditions
HOW IT WORKS
- Register to enter online by National Homebrewer’s Day on May 7, 2020.
- Drop off your beer at Innovation Brew Works during the week of May 17-23, 2020 (8 am – 4 pm weekdays, 1 pm – 6 pm weekends).
- Additional drop off locations include: Monrovia Bottle Shop (Monrovia, CA) and Pacific Brewing Supplies (San Dimas, CA). See locations for hours of operation.
- Beers will be judged May 29-31, 2020.
- Results announced June 4, 2020 at 7:00pm at Innovation Brew Works.
Entries that are disqualified may still be judged, but will not be eligible for prizes. You will be notified if your entry has been disqualified.
1. Participants MUST be 21 or older to enter.
2. Three bottles of the same beer must be submitted for each entry. Any size glass bottles or aluminum can between 12 and 24 ounces are acceptable.
3. Bottles and caps/lids must have no distinguishing marks or labels.
4. Use a rubber band to secure a Homebrew Competition Entry Form to your entries. DO NOT USE TAPE OR GLUE.
5. Only 1 ENTRY will be allowed per registration. You may enter more than one beer, but a registration is required for each entry.
6. All entries become the property of Innovation Brew Works and will not be returned.
7. Only beer may be entered. No mead, cider, or wine entries will be accepted.
8. Home-brewed beer only. No entries brewed at commercial facilities will be accepted.
9. Malt extracts are acceptable, all-grain encouraged.
$14 per entry.
HOW TO REGISTER
Register online at the event website (https://events.eventzilla.net/e/home-brew-contest-2020-presented-by-innovation-brew-works-2138779849). Entry forms will also be available at Innovation Brew Works.
Register by: May 7, 2020.
Submit Beer By: Drop off your entry in person at Innovation Brew Works the week of May 17-23, 2020 (Weekdays 6:30 am – 9 pm. Weekends 11 am – 7 pm). Entry may also be dropped off at locations
Contest Judging: May 29-31, 2020
- Grand Prize winner will brew their beer with our brewer on our 3.5 BBL system. The date of the brew will be coordinated by the winner and our brew master. Recipe details must be submitted 2 days prior within 7 days of being notified of winning the contest to the brewer at Innovation Brew Works. Fermentation will be monitored by our brewer. Beer will be released during a “Special Release Party” on a day coordinated between our brewer and the contest winner. Release Party includes pizzas and appetizers for the winner and up to 12 guests. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to disqualification.
- Your name will be added to our “Wall of Brewers” in perpetuity at Innovation Brew Works.
- Two runner-up entries will receive a trophy and two free pizza coupons.
- All entries will receive feedback and scorecards from our judging panel.
· Each entry will be entered according to the 2015 BJCP style guidelines (http://bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf). Entries must be referred to by category and subcategory letter (i.e., “1B: American Lager”).
· Judges will not be given the identity of the brewer or entrant.
· Copies of completed official judging forms will be given to contestants following the competition.
· A judging panel will have a minimum of two judges and a maximum of four judges.
If you have any questions, please contact Melody at: MPYoung@Cpp.edu