Springtime in Holland: Tulips, Windmills and More!
Photograph Amsterdam and the Dutch Countryside with Jason Odell April 15-23, 2018
Dates: April 15-23, 2018 from Amsterdam, Netherlands
Maximum group size: 8 (minimum: 6)
Arrival Airport: Amsterdam (Schipol)
Join me to explore Amsterdam and the surrounding countryside where we will photograph massive fields of tulips, windmills, canals, and unique small towns and villages. We’ll then return to Amsterdam to explore the city’s architecture, gardens, and museums. We will be in Amsterdam during the annual bulb festival, which is an exceptional and unique event to witness.
My philosophy is to explore each town with our cameras and be able to shoot (weather permitting) in the evening hours for exceptional twilight/night (blue hour) photos. Each day, we will visit areas with the intent of having 1-2 hours of exploration time at each stop. This will not be a “see everything with snapshots” tour). Lunches and dinners are at your own discretion to provide us with maximum flexibility. I mean, who wants to be eating for three hours when the light is perfect? We will have two free-form days in Amsterdam to explore the city, visit museums (Van Gogh Museum is a must-see), and I will lead photo walks on those days.
- Sunday, April 15: Arrive at Schipol Airport, Amsterdam by 10am for transportation to the group hotel (Vondel Amsterdam, a boutique hotel in the heart of the city). We will have a brief orientation session and then you’ll have the rest of the day to explore on your own (or sleep).
- Monday, April 16: Tour of Keukenhof Gardens and Kinderdijk windmill village (transportation and admission included)
- Tuesday, April 17: Driving tour of northeast Holland, ending in the town of Giethoorn (private driver and guide)
- Wednesday, April 18: Tour of Giethoorn and surroundings, ending in Leeuwarden (private driver and guide)
- Thursday, April 19: Tour of Leeuwarden, ending via ferry on the island of Schiermonnikoog (private driver and guide)
- Friday, April 20: Tour the beach town of Schiermonnikoog, return to Amsterdam (private driver and guide)
- Saturday, April 21: Free-form day to explore Amsterdam. Museums, gardens, architecture, plus the Amsterdam Bulb Parade is this day. I will conduct an evening “blue hour” photo walk (weather permitting).
- Sunday, April 22: Free-form day to explore Amsterdam. Those interested may wish to take a side trip to Haarlem to view the bulb parade floats on display. Evening photo walk with Jason plus image review/critique (optional).
- Monday, April 23: Shuttle to Schipol airport to return home (or beyond)
Photo Tour Price (per person)
$5749 (double occupancy)
$6689 (single occupancy)
- Airport transfers to/from group hotel from Schipol (Amsterdam) airport
- Private 16-passenger coach and local guide on tour days
- 4-star accommodations for 8 nights; breakfast included
- Admission fees to Keukenhof Gardens and Kinderdik Windmill Village
- Airfare to Amsterdam
- Lunches and Dinners
- Local transportation and admission fees on leisure days in Amsterdam
- Passport/Visa Fees
How to Book
Please call Pat Hand at Dancing Moon Travel to book this tour
+1 (404) 913-4386