Designed for individuals who are interested in learning how to start group medical visits in their practices. It is best suited for those who have either no experience or limited experience with group medical visits.
Over the course of four weeks, you will be provided an introduction to group medical visits to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare, implement, and facilitate successful group medical visits in order to maximize patient care.
This series was designed to fit into your current schedule and provide you the opportunity to learn all you need to know to start an effective and engaging program in your community by breaking the curriculum into four, manageable 2.5 hour evening sessions. Additionally, we will be teaching virtual group visit techniques and pointers so that we can all navigate COVID while using group models!
Presented by leaders in the field, Dr. Jeffrey Geller, MD, FP and Dr. Paula Gardiner, MD, MPH, you'll not only be introduced to the various aspects of group medical visits, but also have the opportunity to apply the strategies through virtual breakouts and small group sessions.
Weekly 4- Part, Live Online Training
- The four sessions will be held on Wednesday evenings: March 24th, 31st, April 7th, and 14th, 2021
- Sessions 1 & 2 (March 24th and 31st) will be lecture based
- Sessions 3 & 4 (April 7th and 14th) will be highly interactive and consist of skill building sessions
- Each session will last 2.5 hours
- Starting at 7 pm ET
- Ending at 9:30 pm ET
This program will provide:
- An overview of the history, different types, and evidence supporting the efficacy of Group Medical Visits
- The best practices for introducing the benefits, fostering motivation, gathering resources, and implementing GMVs in clinical settings
- Successful strategies for basic facilitation, engagement, group management, and patient recruitment
- Virtual group visit techniques and pointers for navigating through COVID while using group models
- Advanced methods for facilitating difficult discussions and challenging situations as well as implementing GMVs for special populations
- Skill sessions to strengthen your ability to: engage patients, guide conversations, mediate challenging situations, set goals and intentions with patients, and more.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians. Determination of credit is pending.