THIS TRAINING IS ONLY OPEN TO INVITED PARTICIPANTS.
The Green Dot Strategy is a research informed and evidence based approach to interpersonal violence prevention. Green Dot is a community mobilization model that teaches practical and realistic skills for getting involved in prevention efforts, both reactively and proactively. Green Dot is based on a wealth of interdisciplinary research including social change theory, diffusion of innovation, communication, marketing, bystander intervention, and perpetration patterns. Visit our website to learn more about the Green Dot curriculum.
Implementers experience an interactive 3-day training. Coordinators will attend for an additional half day to learn details of implementing the overall Green Dot strategy.
- Implementers will attend training:
Tuesday, January 26, 0800-1630 through Thursday, January 28th, 0800-1630
- Coordinators will attend training:
Tuesday, January 26, 0800-1630 through Friday, January 29th, 0800-1200
This training certifies attendees to implement the Green Dot Violence Prevention Strategy on their installation (and additional installations when they are transferred).
Components of the training include:
§ Understanding failed strategies and assumptions of past efforts and introducing new approaches.
§ Elements of the Green Dot Strategy and curriculum.
§ Developing an implementation plan.
You must attend the entire training (0800 to 1630 for the first 3 days, then 0800-1200 for day 4) to become a Green Dot Air Force instructor.
Bldg. 5650 Room 105, Texas Ave, JB MDL 08640
Directions to this location:
1. Take 206 South for approximately 1/4 mile.
2. Stay in right lane to the intersection of 206/68.
3. Drive through stoplight and continue on 68 and drive approximately 4 miles.
4. Look for a sign pointing left to “McGuire/Deborah Hospital.”
5. Turn left at that sign across the opposite lanes of Hwy 68.
6. You will come to a “T” intersection almost immediately.
7. Make a right turn; you are now on Hwy 545 heading south. Stay on this road for approximately 2 miles.
8. You will cross Hwy 537 (light) at the 1½ mile point. Stay in the left lane; ½ mile beyond the light you will veer left onto the 4-lane McGuire Access Road, Hwy 680.
9. There is a sign for McGuire AFB. This road will “T” intersect at the McGuire Main Gate (# 1)
10. To enter through JB MDL McGuire Gate: Take first exit on traffic circle onto Tuskegee Airman Blvd.
11. Take right at first traffic light onto Broidy Ave. Follow Broidy Ave. around traffic circle.
12. At Texas Ave make a left. Bldg. 5650 will be on right side.
Must have military ID card for base entry.
There is a Food Court at the BX located 3453 Broidy Rd. Also Pudgy's Sports Pub is located at 2508 East Third St (AKA Can Do Way).
Parking lot in front of Bldg.
The class is held in a secure bldg. so you may need to wait for a few moments for entry.