Great Lakes Mixed Competition 3.0
Third annual World Cup-style mixed climbing citizens competition for beginners, crushers, and everything in between.
The return of the Great Lakes Mixed Competition!!!! Last year featured as the North American Championships. We are continuing the tradition of bringing World Cup style of climbing to the Great Lakes region, giving new competitor a chance to be introduced to the style.
The comp is on Saturday, March 16th 2019, but we are planning a full weekend event to make it worth while for those who need to drive a long distance.
We will have a preliminary round (top rope) for everyone and a final (lead) round for the top contestants. All competitors will climb the same routes in the preliminary round, the top competitors will advance to finals. The competitors who don't make it to finals will be ranked by age category and the top finishers will win prizes.
The preliminary round will be open format, so you will be free to watch and cheer for your friends. The route setter will climb the routes as a demonstration before the competitors start so everyone can have the beta.
There will be multiple routes for the prelims, so everyone will get a chance to do a good amount of climbing in the comp. All competitors should bring their own leashless tools, crampons, harness and helmet. Rentals may be avalible through Peabody Ice Climbing, but it's suggested to reserve in advance through: www.peabodyiceclimbing.com/reserve-gear/
- The comp will start 10AM Saturday morning
- Open climbing Saturday on the comp routes after the comp is finished
- Dinner and party Saturday night
- Sunday open climbing on the ice structure and the comp routes
- If you are new to drytooling, Sunday will be a good day to get Pro Tips! Learn by watching others and then practice on the comp routes!
- Camping options available for Friday and Saturday night for people coming from out of town. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Town of Fenton, Michigan is nearby with options for hotels.
**When registering, please answer the "Experience Level" question as honestly as possible for what you think you could climb on a good day. This will help ensure the routes are challenging yet fun for everyone**
****Unfortunatly, due to the fees charged on each ticket, we are unable to offer refunds to this event.***
Held at Peabody Ice Climbing in Fenton, MI.