This two-day event is an interactive and dynamic workshop that integrates experiential exercises, current research, and case studies focused on specific Developmental Trauma interventions.
This comprehensive two-day workshop includes the research of HeartMath Institute, and The Trauma Center in Boston among others.
“Steve Sawyer’s advanced clinical specialty workshop on Developmental Trauma Focused Brainspotting, presents profound applications that advance the deep, intricate healing work, with varied clients, around their core issues.” Dr. David Grand, Author & Developer of Brainspotting.
Day 1: Developmental Trauma Conceptualization and Intervention
This day is devoted to receiving a comprehensive overview of Developmental Trauma. Teachings include the integration of research and emphasize key points for case conceptualization. Further exploration of cases concepts provides context for identifying and using effective treatment with this population. This portion of the course content covers how to differentiate between PTSD and DT, how to work with shame responses in treatment, how to approach adoption-focused work, and it provides a brief introduction to the use of Brainspotting with DT. The knowledge obtained in Day 1 sets the stage for the deep, experiential work with DT and Brainspotting that attendees will practice in Day 2.
- Experience in-depth case conceptualization of developmental trauma
- Examine current research and integrate the treatment planning guidance it offers
- Learn more about the Developmental Trauma Disorder proposed diagnosis
- Receive an in-depth examination of definition, development, and science of shame
- Learn to distinguish post-traumatic stress disorder from developmental trauma
- Explore the concept of the 24-hour flashback through heartrate variation test
- Receive a new pathway to Going For the Roots to help clients achieve deeper emotional access
- Learn strategies for adoption/relinquishment focused treatment
- Learn 8 key points for research supported developmental trauma treatment
- Gain introduction to HeartMath self-regulation skills and technology
- Participate in small group experiential exercises
Day 2: Developmental Trauma Specialty Brainspotting Workshop
(Brainspotting Trained Clinicians Only)
This day is devoted to learning how to obtain more effective access to DT oriented Activation and Implicit Memory. Together we will examine specific dyregulation patterns that are responsive to Brainspotting, how to identify and intervene with defensive structures, how to gently gain access to the implicit memory structures that hold early childhood and pre-verbal material, and much more.
- Learn trends for preverbal Brainspotting Activation
- Examine "activation" in developmental trauma
- Explore sensations in the pre-verbal world
- Learn tools for enhancing somatic access to activation
- Learn about the spider web metaphor for simplifying the neural network
- Acquire principles for deepening ego-state development
- Learn a recipe for accessing pre-verbal material and experiencing inner child focused work
- Experience live demonstration of inner child ego-state focused work
- Learn the principles and structures of Clean Language
- Participate in child ego-state experiential dyads
- Enhance Brainspotting skill set for Developmental Trauma related “Parts”
- Share inspiring stories of healing through Brainspotting
CE's are available $20 for each day.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact Amy Drasch at firstname.lastname@example.org.