Get Connected: Transforming PA Libraries Through Broadband Opportunities
Nov. 28, 2017 | 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM EST
Audience: Library Directors, Librarians, Library Consultants, Colleges/Universities, IT Support Staff, Community Stakeholders
Don’t miss this Get Connected: Transforming PA Libraries Through Broadband Opportunities event happening Tues. Nov. 28th at Schlow Centre Region Library in State College, PA.
The event is free and open to all libraries, colleges and universities, and members of the community interested in learning more about what’s happening in Pennsylvania and across the country to help libraries get the broadband access, education, funding, and training opportunities they need.
• Hear from KINBER, the Pennsylvania State Research, Education, and Community Network in Pennsylvania about the PennREN broadband network infrastructure in PA and connectivity options for libraries.
• Get info on the “Toward Gigabit Libraries Broadband Toolkit” available for rural libraries newly being piloted in Pennsylvania through a partnership between U.S. UCAN/Internet2, KINBER, and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries.
• Learn about emerging technologies such as TV Whitespace (TVWS) and others that are helping to increase digital inclusion and close the “homework gap” with libraries as the hub serving their communities through strategic partnerships and innovative community-led programs.
• Understand how you can get a Library Network Assessment and available support for your library.
• Get info on what other “gigabit” libraries are doing across the country with community programming and advanced applications.
• Find funding and grant opportunities through agencies such as the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), NSF/Mozilla, US Ignite, and others.
Note: Those who attend the day of training will earn 3.5 continuing education credits.
Event is free but advanced registration is required.
- Libraries as Critical Hub of Community Connectivity and Expanding Broadband Access
- US UCAN and Internet2
- Library Case Studies
- Advanced Technologies Showcase
- Programmatic Opportunities
- Funding and Collaboration Opportunities
Seating is limited. Register by Nov. 26 to reserve your spot!