The 2020 election is important in all states and at all levels of government, but we know that the Presidential election will hinge on a few swing states. Join us online or in person in Geneva for an informational evening about the electoral landscape in swing state North Carolina.
As a vital swing state in 2020, these NC Democratic victories are key to success:
- Elect Joe Biden president
- Elect Cal Cunningham to Thom Tillis's Senate seat to take back the Senate
- Keep Democratic control of the US House
- Re-elect Democratic Governor Roy Cooper
- Turn both State House chambers Democratic
What is the state of these races? What is the mood and trend among North Carolinian voters? Who are the activist groups pushing Democratic victory on the ground there? Hear main speaker and long-time DA Geneva member Eric Berman, working on the ground in Charlotte, NC, since March. Eric will share his experiences, address questions, and describe key NC campaigns and activist groups. His presentation will be preceded by DA Global Chair Julia Bryan (an NC voter) and followed by Democratic candidate for NC State Treasurer Ronnie Chatterji. This promises to be a fun and stimulating evening and is a fundraiser for DA Switzerland's voter outreach projects.
6 PM - Cocktails
6: 30-7: 30 PM - Presentations by Julia Bryan, Eric Berman (with Q&A), and Ronnie Chatterji
8 PM - Dinner
- Online presentation (WebEx, 6:30-7:30 PM): CHF 10
- In-person presentation and cocktails (8-10 PM): CHF 50
- In-person presentation, cocktails, and dinner (6-10 PM): CHF 100
Online or at a private residence near the University of Geneva. The exact address or WebEx information will be sent to you upon registration and proof of payment.
- I am a United States Citizen; and
- This contribution is not made from the general treasury funds of a corporation, labor organization, or national bank; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a person or entity that is a federal contractor; and
- This contribution is not made from the treasury of a joint account for which one or more account holders are not United States citizens; and
- The fund I am donating are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution; and
- I am at least 18 years old, the funds I am donating are my own personal funds, and I am donating these funds knowingly and voluntarily.
Democrats Abroad Switzerland is a volunteer organization that relies on donations to be able to provide outreach, voter education, and voter registration services. With the critical nature of the 2020 election, it is imperative that we raise funds to allow us to reach, register, and motivate as many American voters living in Switzerland as possible.
Please note that if a bank transfer is not completed prior to the event, you may pay at the door with a surcharge. The presentation and cocktails will be CHF 52 and the presentation, cocktails, and dinner will be CHF 103.