Improving IT Infrastructure Change and Risk Planning
Wednesday 23rd November 2016 (08:00 to 12:00)
Radisson Blu Hotel - Zürich Airport ,Switzerland (Directions)
In our free half day workshop we’ll be covering how change and risk planning are heavily dependent on the quality of infrastructure documentation – often found to be the weakest link of IT systems administration. Many still find it difficult to maintain an inventory of hardware and software components, but we will go further and look at naming conventions, process and data requirements to map multiple dependencies as well to support project, recovery and cyber security information needs. Types of dependencies we will cover include space, connectivity, virtualisation, applications and services.
Our speaker will cover the following areas;
- · Achieving a baseline inventory for project/programme/risk planning
- · Documenting physical and logical dependencies of shared infrastructure components
- · Practical mapping of data centres, networks, applications and services
- · Improving change impact analysis for centralised planning and management
- · Integrating monitoring systems with infrastructure documentation
- · Automating Visio rack, network and ITIL service diagrams from databases
- · Combining multiple datasets from discovery systems, CMDBs and spreadsheets
- · Host to application mapping techniques
- · Keeping the information current, using change workflow and automation
David Cuthbertson, Director, Square Mile Systems, AssetGen
David Cuthbertson is the Managing Director of Square Mile Systems and AssetGen – UK companies specializing in best practice infrastructure documentation methods and visualization techniques. He is also a serving committee member of the UK and Ireland BICSI chapter. His IT experience covers both technical and management aspects of complex IT infrastructure, -- from running his own network integration, cabling and outsourcing companies, to working at committee level in the British Computer Society (BCS) on the ITIL framework and configuration management methodologies. He is an acknowledged expert on the application of the Microsoft Visio package to IT infrastructure, covering physical and logical infrastructure.The AssetGen infrastructure database makes use of many of the techniques we’ll cover.
The Venue – Radisson Blu, Zurich Airport
08:00 Arrival and coffee , Event Check in
08:30 Start of Free Workshop
10:00 Coffee Break with Snacks
10:30 Continuation of Free Workshop
12:00 Event Ends.
If you have any questions then please contact Patrick Ramseyer on +41-78-699 95 02 or firstname.lastname@example.org