Note: This is a new Workshop offering!
Whether you want to become a Fine Art Photographer or want to be recognized and appreciated as a Fine Art Photographer, this is the workshop for you!
We will take you from developing an original vision all the way through exhibiting and promoting your fine art photography.
You will learn how an understanding of human vision can not only inform your unique, creative, photographic vision, but also assist in anticipating the reaction your images will receive when viewed by beholders of your art.
You will be treated to a case study of how subjective artistic expression can be inspired by objective storytelling.
Your workshop leader, Rick Hulbert, was selected as one of only 2 photographers from North America, to participate in the 2015 World Art Games in Bratislava, Slovakia. How and why did this happen?
The list of Fine Art Photography subjects discussed will be extensive and covers a host of relevant topics including the following:
- The defining criteria of fine art photography
- Examples of selected fine art photography from recognized artists
- Popular photographic techniques for fine art
- Seeking and finding “simplicity vs. chaos” in cities
- The meaning and content of urban places
- Transitioning from real world “Edges” to artistic “Lines”
- The power of Luminance
- The science and art of photographic composition
- The secret(s) to getting published
- The secret(s) to getting your work in galleries
- The secret(s) to getting rich
- The secret(s) to winning competitions
- Optional portfolio reviews of attendee images
- Hands-on field photography
- Constructive reviews of student’s workshop images
Featured Guest Presenter:
As an added bonus, Fine Art Photographer, Axel Breutigam will be a featured guest presenter and will be available for the full 4 days of the workshop. He will serve as a great resource in assisting Rick Hulbert as they guide you through the learning experience. Axel will also participate with Rick in constructively evaluating workshop attendee images.
Who is this course for? Why should you enroll?
Who can benefit from taking this course?
Anyone who wants to learn what fine art photography is and how to “produce it” will benefit from this workshop. At the very least, you will improve your photography, regardless of whether you want to sell your images or simply increase your enjoyment and appreciation of the art form.
How will participants benefit?
Participants will learn concepts and skills through the following activities:
• Class Discussions
• Demonstrations as requested
• Field Photography
• Constructive Evaluations of Student Images
Richard Hulbert MAIBA, FRAIC, RCA, AIA
International Award winning and published Architect, Urban Designer, and Photographer
Lecturer, Teacher and Seminar Panel Participant on four continents
Fellow, Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
Former President of the Architectual Institute of British Columbia
Academician, Royal Canadian Academy of the Arts
Richard’s educational philosophy includes the following notions:
- Adults learn more from story telling than from memorization
- Learning is heightened when key principles can be related to a humorous circumstance
- Effective learning arises when knowledge is self-discovered with directed input,
as opposed to being “taught”
Visit Rick's website for more information and to see his beautiful photography: