FERMENTATION 2020 is the first event in the United States that brings together everyone involved in the world of fermentation - producers, retailers, chefs, scientists, authors, suppliers, and regulators to share knowledge, experience, and strategies for growth.
Together we will explore the power of fermentation to build flavor, preserve food, and enhance health, and discuss how we can document and promote these benefits to the public.
Attending with a group of 3 or more? Contact us for information on group discounts.
Refund Policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but you may transfer your ticket to another person. However, if travel restrictions prevent you from attending the event, we will refund the full cost of your ticket.
Agenda and Speakers
- FOOD AND FLAVOR: Hear from leading chefs, authors, and food producers on the latest fermentation techniques, flavors, and innovations.
- BUSINESS, LEGAL, and REGULATORY: Learn how to launch and grow a fermentation business, and navigate the industry's legal and regulatory hurdles.
- SCIENCE, HEALTH, and RESEARCH: Discover the science behind fermentation, how to monitor and manage it, and current research into its health benefits.
- Get practical tips on how to grow your fermentation business
- Uncover the trends driving the industry
- Network with a diverse group of fermentation experts
- Learn the latest in fermentation techniques
- Find your next supplier, new seller, or business partner
- Hear about the state of the art in health and scientific research
- Add-on to your travel plans for the National Restaurant Association Show or the Sweets and Snacks Expo
- Enjoy the endless things to see, do, and experience in Chicago (bring the family)
Who Should Attend
- Producers, and those that use fermentation in their production processes (major product categories listed below)
- Hard Cider
We also welcome producers of products that are oxidized (eg, tea) and cured (eg, salumi, jerky)
- Suppliers, importers, and retailers of fermented foods and products
- Chefs and other food service professionals
- Academics and researchers
- Health and food technology professionals
FERMENTATION 2020 will be held at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
540 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611
(Driveway Entrance on 541 North Rush Street)
We have negotiated a discounted room rate of $179/night for FERMENTATION 2020 attendees. Rooms are available for stays May 19 - May 24.
You must book your room by May 7, 2020 to receive the discounted rate.