Exploring Our Six Ethical Principles (Panel Discussion)

Saturday, June 12 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM [CDT]

Register Now

1. Select Seats

2. Review and Proceed

Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds

REGISTRATION

Sale ended

Member PARTIAL APPROVAL - $25.00

sales ended

Non-Member PARTIAL APPROVAL - $40.00

Enter your discount code

  • Subtotal (excluding fees and discounts)
  • Fee
  • Total amount

Saturday, June 12 2021 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM [CDT]

Explore the six Ethical Principles of the NASW Code of Ethics (Service, Social Justice, Dignity and Worth of the Person, Importance of Human Relations, Integrity, and Competence) with the three officers of the NASW, Missouri Chapter. The unique format of this two-hour ethics workshop is a virtual sofa discussion where our three social work leaders share their perspectives and real-life experiences. Attendees will have opportunities to participate in the workshop that will be recorded for future use on the NASW CE Institute.

 

This workshop is a sequel to the exceptional pre-conference workshop presented in March 2021. It was highly rated by participants with 81.6% strongly agreeing that “the presenter(s) were knowledgeable about the topic” and the other 18.4% agreeing. Here is a sample of the evaluation comments from the attendees:

 

  • I enjoyed the panel-type discussion it was really a unique way of looking at it through each principle.
  • This was a new format & worked well.  I think the casual approach (on a couch discussion) set a nice tone for the conference.
  • Well done!!!
  • I really enjoyed this and the way the panel addressed the ethical issues from their assigned categories
  • I so appreciate the application of the principles into everyday experiences.
  • Clear, concise and thorough.
  • I enjoyed the presenters and it gave me different ways of thinking on certain subjects.
  • Liked the presentation and thought it was very good.
  • I always like when ethics presentations are able to bring the concepts to life.
  • Loved the sofa format. Wise professionals.

 

The six Ethical Principles are based on the core values of our social work profession. They establish the framework and foundation of the ideals and Ethical Standards to which every social worker should aspire. Don’t miss this engaging and thought-provoking exploration from the convenient comfort of your home, or office.

NASW Missouri Chapter

The National Association of Social Workers Missouri Chapter is the largest professional association of social workers in the state, with over 1,400 members. Our members represent NASW throughout the state, living and working in rural, suburban, and urban counties. Our members work in wide range of settings among diverse populations. The Missouri Chapter office is located in in downtown Jefferson City, just blocks from the Capital Building. We are a non-profit professional membership organization for degreed social workers as well as students matriculating through Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited schools.

Contact the Organizer