Through mindfulness practice and discussion, participants learn to use simple and accessible tools to:
- Support their patients/clients
- How staff can use strategies to also support themselves from empathy fatigue and burnout.
- Reduce stress
- Support emotional regulation and resilience
- Improve focus and concentration through the cultivation of present-moment attention
- Develop the ability to respond thoughtfully, rather than react, and make suitable choices, which do no harm to one’s self or others.
- Encourage empathy, compassion and sense of community
Each 1-hour session will include:
- Guided meditations and mindful movement
- Reflective practice
- Opportunity to share experience
- Closing practice & Poem