It's never too late to gain new tools as a parent to help your children succeed! After decades of research, the Gottman Institute has found emotional intelligence and secure relationships to be the primary predictors of success and resilience. Come gain research-based tools to become an emotionally responsive parent. You'll learn to:
- Understand the importance of Emotional Intelligence.
- Learn how to recognize, respond to, and validate what your child is feeling.
- Learn how to be an effective Emotion Coach by using the Five Steps of Emotion Coaching with children of any age.
- Discover ways to express understanding and empathy.
- Learn how to set limits and problem solve with your children.
This one and a half day parenting workshop will include parent handbooks, dinner on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. The workshop format will feature table discussions as well as in-person and video-based instruction. Childcare is available on a limited basis through age 12, for an additional fee.