From September 2019 there will be a significant focus on the school curriculum in inspections. Key to that is the role of the Subject / Curriculum Leader. Our new one day course is designed to help Subject Leaders prepare for this revised focus and prepare them for the challenges - and opportunities - this will bring.
The Course Will Cover :
- what leadership looks like in a subject context
- clarifies the role and expectations of subject leaders
- provides a skills audit and needs analysis framework
- explains how to produce an effective action plan
- explains what OFSTED are looking for from this role
- outlines how to deliver feedback effectively
- provides guidance on addressing delivery issues
- giving lesson feedback
- developing professional development tailored to individual needs and wants
- ensuring equity in achievement
- British Values as a strand in subjects
- the revised inspection schedule (key changes)
- what is a quality curriculum ?
- the new judgements
- how are values assessed ?
- how will the changes affect us ?
Participants will not only go away with a deeper understanding of the expectations and revisions, but also take away a set of useful documents and proformas that will (a) improve the subject leaders role and (b) help make your next inspection more successful.