The aims of this roundtable are to:
1. Increase the interest of participants in the economic and demographic aspects of migration & integration of immigrants
2. Present, test and discuss the results of the student team projects and e-module on economic & demographic aspects of migration and integration of immigrants elaborated under the ALEN project
To achieve these aims we propose the following agenda of the meeting:
1. Introductory remarks (15 min)
•Dr. Marta Pachocka (SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Jean Monnet Module EUMIGRO)
•Dr. Anna Visvizi (Deree–The American College of Greece in Athens)
on the following topics:
I. what do we understand by economic and demographic aspects of migration & integration?
II. how can we learn about it effectively?
III. how does the ALIEN project contribute to this field?
2. Roundtable discussion on:
“Challenges and lessons learnt from the Living Lab in Athens (December 2016) & Workshop in Warsaw (January 2017)” (25 min)
Prof. Magdalena Proczek (SGH Warsaw School of Economics)
Dr. Marta Pachocka (SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Jean Monnet Module EUMIGRO)
Prof. Ewa Satalecka (PJATK, leader of the ALIEN project)
Kinga Garnette Skorupska (PJATK, educator of the ALIEN project)
Discussant: Dr. Anna Visvizi (Deree–The American College of Greece in Athens)
3. Presentation of the final results of the four student team projects & of the first version of the “economic” e-module under the working title “Economic & demographic aspects of migration and integration of immigrants” (25 min)
4. Questions from the audience, Testing of the materials, Discussion (25 min)
During the meeting, all the participants will be able to get acquainted with the prepared materials from the student team projects and the draft contents of the e-module. Moreover, they will be encouraged to write down their feedback and new ideas directly on printed materials/ clean paper sheets or e-mail them after the debate.
This roundtable is best suited
for students, teachers, anyone interested in economics of migration...
More events here