DIGITAL ANIMAL SUMMIT
The Digital Animal Summit 2023 will bring together innovators, investors, executives, and entrepreneurs from agriculture, animal care, animal production, and animal health to explore digital trends and innovative practices.
VENUE & DATE
Computer History Museum, Mountain View, CA
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm PDT
8:30 AM – 9:15 AM – NETWORKING BREAKFAST
Meet fellow innovators and leaders (and future leaders) in Agtech and Animal tech over coffee and delicious morning treats.
9:15 AM – OPENING REMARKS
Here’s to the Future!
Welcome to DAS2023, the annual, un-conference style gathering of Agtech entrepreneurs, innovators, executives, and investors.
9:30 AM – 10:10 AM – OPENING KEYNOTE
Lessons for the Future: The Guitar Hero Story
Charles Huang, co-creator of one the greatest video games in history, talks about the Guitar Hero journey and future lessons for all entrepreneurs.
10:15 AM – 11:00 AM – PANEL 1
Farms of the Future: AI Meets Ag
Thought leaders from Digital, Technology and Farming backgrounds will talk about how AI is impacting Crop and Animal Agriculture. They will share insights on what the farms of the future will look like. How predictive analytics is being used for better forecasting and crop planning in improving profitability? How to truly harness the power of AI to solve major problems within agriculture? and What are the key opportunities for technology and innovation in the coming decade?
11:10 AM – 11:55 AM – PANEL 2
The Future of Food: Sustainable? Traceable? Edible?
Industry veterans and startups will discuss on how food chain networks are creating systems that address the needs of today’s consumers; a more sustainable food supply. Identifying trends and technology that are helping with accurate traceability (farm to fork) and digital transformation that measures the progress of businesses while producing sustainable food supply.
12:00 AM – 1:25 PM - BREAKOUT SESSIONS
“Ponder the Future” Roundtables & Lunch
These “un-conference style” discussions will be hosted by an industry leader, a startup co-founder, and a subject matter expert, all guiding participants to discuss topics shaping the future of Agriculture and Animal Care.
1) Chewing the Cud with ChatGPT: What’s all the Fuss about and how it affects you?
2) Vet Clinic 2.0: Improving practice efficiency and pet health through technology
3) AI meets Ag: The role of AI in agriculture to enhance food production & sustainability
4) Adventures in Petcare: Improve cost efficiency and pet wellness
5) Fun with Blockchain: Food traceability and system transparency with Blockchain
6) The Ag Less Travelled: The role of technology in enhancing marginal agricultural areas
7) Pest Control: Improving plant pest diagnostics with technology to ensure food security
8) Harvesting Data: How Data Science is revolutionizing Agriculture and Animal Care
1:35 PM – 2:15 PM – CONFERENCE KEYNOTE
Women On Top: The Roo Story
This keynote fireside will spotlight Lisa Hu, Co-Founder & CEO of Roo. Host Megan Berry (Mentors Fund) will host a conversation that will explore Lisa’s entrepreneurial journey, Ann’s decision to back Lisa an Roo, and their views on the future of animaltech and agtech.
2:25 PM – 3:20 PM - STARTUP SHOWCASE
Our shark tank style Pitchfest pits enterprising Animaltech and Agtech startups against Silicon Valley VCs. Only 1 startup will earn the bragging rights of being crowned “DAS2023 Startup of the Year”.
3:30 PM – 4:10 PM – INNOVATORS OF THE FUTURE SHOWCASE
The Future Is Bright
Current students, future leaders will share their journeys of building innovative solutions that are helping improve the way we live and eat.
4:10 PM - Closing Remarks
4:15 PM - Social Hour & Networking
Each roundtable is an "un-conference style" discussion group that will be moderated by a table lead, industry expert, and a startup/tech lead, around a table of 8-10 discussants. The goal is (a) structured networking among a group of attendees with a shared interest and (b) exploration of a topic of interest.
The suggested format is:
· Introductions: The leads and the participants introduce themselves [10 min]
· Name/title, industry affiliation, interest in the topic, and "two things not in your Linkedin profile
· Topic Introduction (trends and applications/examples): Table Lead [~5 min]
· Industry overview (overview of challenges and what's next): Industry Expert [~5 min]
· Innovation Case Studies (Discussing relevant startups and innovators in the space): Startup Lead [~5 min]
· Discussion (Questions, inputs, and comments from discussants) [20 min]
DAS 2023: ‘Meet the Mentors’ Track - 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM PDT
1 on 1 Mentoring Sessions with Silicon Valley VCs Sponsored by Mentors Fund, this track invites entrepreneurs leading promising Agtech/Animal tech startups to have a series of 1–1 sessions with Silicon Valley VC and angel investors, including folks from Mentors Fund, MIT Angels, E14 Ventures, etc.
1) Charles Huang – Sinovation Ventures
2) Abid Mohsin – Mentors Fund
3) Megan Berry – Mentors Fund
4) Suneel Goud – Sharp NEC Global Innovation
5) Umair Khan – Mentors Fund
7) Calvin Chin - E14 Ventures