The long term Design Thinking moderation course is composed of three 2-days sessions (16h each session) and 12 hours of mentoring sessions with Service Design professionals working in the field. It is designed especially for those interested to moderate Design Thinking processes in their daily work. During the course they will have a chance to work concretely on selected case study(could be suggested by participant): plan and conduct the user-research, define the problem, ideate, prototype solutions and test the prototypes with the end users.
During this 60- hours course you will improve the following skills:
Understanding the needs of your end-users with tools of ethnographic user-research (observations, interviews, culture probs, card sorting, etc)
Analyzing the collected data, define the exact challenge and turn insights into opportunities
Boosting your creativity and break the blocks you/your team face for structured idea generation (divergence/convergence tools)
Getting into early and fast prototyping as well as testing methods that will help you reduce risks and accelerate organizational learning.
Why we are doing it?
Our goal is to give you the possibility to experience firsthand how the design thinking process works. During each session, we will use specific tools and methods of design thinking to explore and solve a real challenge. After this course, you will have a concrete understanding of design thinking, that will enable you to apply it again and again in your daily work.
Overview of the Program:
This is a 60h-program: three 2-days workshops and 12 hours of mentoring.
WE 1: 12-13th October, Saturday & Sunday 9.00-17.00 (16h)
- Intro to Design Thinking as user-centric approach
- Presentation of Case+ group divisions
- Stakeholders and ecosystems map
- Intro to user -research tools
- Defining design challenge: hypothesis
- Plan your user-research: online and offline research wall preparation; practicing of 12 selected tools
- Desk research (incl. ethnographic desk research)
- Preparation of proto-personas, interviews grid and observations plans, recruitment of users
MENTORING SESSION: user-research check (4h- date to be agreed with the group)
WE 2: 7-8th November, Thursday and Friday 9.00-17.00
- Sense-making: analysis of the collected data
- Insights and Validation of hypothesis
- Defining the Challenge
- Idea Generation
- Defining Low-fi prototype and planning experiment
- Testing plan and recording the feedback
MENTORING SESSION: user-testing and planning second iteration (4h)
WE 3: TBD, 9.00-17.00 (16h)
- Implementation of the feedback and building MVP
- Generate Business Models for selected and tested MVP
- Prepare the Pitch for internal buy-in (e.g investment Committee)
- Scaling: how to implement change in the organisation
- Agile mindset
- Presentation of cases from various industries
MENTORING SESSION: challenges of implementation of the new service (4h)
Who is it for?
service and product innovators, project managers, marketing team members, UX designers, learning facilitators, educators coming from: corporates, start-ups, NGOs, public sector..
eager to learn, experience, share, test…and transfer the knowledge to their organisations.
The participants will be selected based on the description of the concrete case in their organisations where Design Thinking could be applied in nearest future. The case should describe the current situation and the direction in which the situation should be improved. Ideally the selected idea has a string sponsorship in the organisation of the participants, with high chances for future implementation.
The participants representing various industries are invited to apply.
Who are the facilitators:
Where: Art Square Lab, 48 Avenue de la Liberté, Luxembourg
Part 1: 12-13th October
Part 2: 7-8th November
Part 3: TBD with the participants
Investment: Full price 3300 EUR (+17% VAT)
Early bird: 2574 EUR (including VAT) (registration until 24th September 2019)
If you are student or currently unemployed – please contact us for information on your discount.
- Drinks and snacks provided
- Materials provided
ART SQUARE LAB EST AGRÉE PAR LE MINISTÈRE DE L’ECONOMIE EN TANT QU’ORGANISME DE FORMATION PROFESSIONNELLE CONTINUE.
ART SQUARE LAB IS ACCREDITED BY THE MINISTRY OF ECONOMY AS A PROFESSIONAL TRAINING ORGANISATION.
Terms and conditions:
- Max number of people is 8.
- A minimum of 4 people to run the course.
- We will notify and refund you if this event is cancelled.
- No refund for withdrawal within 24 hours of the workshop date.
- 50% refund for withdrawal within 7 days of the workshop date.
- Tickets are transferable to other people but not to other courses.
You want to know more? Write me for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
In Art Square Lab we love to create with people. We are curious because we believe that business value does not have to be “invented”. It can be “listened-out” of the user.