Developmental Trauma Theory and Practical Exercises
The purpose of the pre-course and its homework is to give you a grounding in the theoretical understanding of the basics of developmental trauma that can be done at your own pace. The homework will give you an opportunity to try out some of the activities you might do with clients, and also give you material to practice with during the practicums in the live portion of the training.
You will receive directions on how to access the pre-course once you have completed your registration for the in-person workshop. Please note that completion of the pre-course is required for attendance at the live event.
Pre-Course Learning Objectives:
- Overview of essential findings of research on Developmental Trauma
- DT Misdiagnosed ODD, ADHD, GAD or just HURT, Research says…..
- Learn more about the Developmental Trauma Disorder proposed diagnosis
- Receive a new pathway to Going For the Roots to help clients achieve deeper emotional access
- Explore the concept of the 24-hour flashback through heart rate variation test
Day One: Examining the Dual Attunement Frame in Developmental Trauma
- Dialing in on Dysregulation
- Friending Defensive Structures
- Common Brainspotting Responses from DT
- Trenching: Narrowing down to Precise Activation Access
Day Two: Healing Internalized Childhood Capsules
- Re-Examining Parts work
- Clean Language
- 2 Demonstrations and 2 Practicums
Day Three: Healing the Child Within
- Healing Key Childhood Moments
- Adoption and Relinquishment Strategies
- Strategic Re-Integrating Survivors for lasting result
***Must have completed Brainspotting Phase One to attend***