This course is offered as an online course over 8 weeks. The class will be taught personally by Chad Smith and Carol Ptak live every Wednesday starting on October 15 from 8 am - 10 am PT (Los Angeles time). Each class is recorded and available through DDI's ONDEMAND site for your later review. After you have registered for this program you will receive the information on how to access the class. Please also register for DDI's ONDEMAND membership at: https://www.demanddriveninstitute.com/member-content. Membership is free. All courseware and videos will be delivered through ONDEMAND.
After registration you will be sent a confirmation with the Goto meeting information to access the class live.
The Demand Driven Planner (DDP)™ program is designed for planning, purchasing and supply chain personnel responsible for maintaining a DDMRP implementation. Designed by the leading authorities on DDMRP at the Demand Driven Institute, the Demand Driven Planner program is comprised of 13 modules of in-depth DDMRP education. The DDP Program is THE official preparatory course for the Demand Driven Planner Professional (DDPP)™ certification test.
Module 1: Planning in the Modern World
- The MRP Revolution
- Evidence of a Problem
- The New Normal
Module 2: The Importance of Flow
- Plossl’s First Law
- Demonstrate Flow’s importance in industry
- Plossl’s Law Caveat
- The Bullwhip Effect
Module 3: Unlocking a Solution - Decoupling
Module 4: Becoming Demand Driven
- “MRP versus Lean” Conflict
- What “Demand Driven” really means
- Demand Driven Operating Model
- Demand Driven MRP
Module 5: Strategic Inventory Positioning
- Six Positioning Factor
- Decoupled Lead time
- Matrix Bill of Material
Module 6: Distribution Network Positioning
- Unique Distribution Positioning Factors
- Compare and contrast demand driven to push and promote
- Positioning across a supply chain
Module 7: Buffer Profiles and Levels
- Inventory – Asset or Liability
- Buffer Profiles
- Buffer Zones
- Calculating Buffer Levels
Module 8: Dynamic Buffer Adjustments
- Recalculated Adjustments
- Planned Adjustments
- Manual Adjustments
- Factors for Planning Adjustment Factors
Module 9: Demand Driven Planning
- Part Planning Designations
- DDMRP Planning Process
- Supply Order Generation for Stocked Items
- DDDRP Supply Order Generation Considerations
- Supply Generation for Non-Stocked Items
- Decoupled Explosion
- Prioritized Share
Module 10: Highly Visible and Collaborative Execution
- Challenging Priority by Due Date
- Buffer Status Alerts
- Synchronization Alerts
- Execution Collaboration
Module 11: DDMRP and the Operational Environment
- DDMRP Strategic Buffer Criteria
- DDMRP and Safety Stock
- DDMRP and Order Point
- DDMRP and Scheduling
- DDMRP and WIP Priority Management
- Compare/contrast MRP, Lean and DDMRP
Module 12: Demand Driven Sales and Operations Planning
- Analytics for Master Settings changes and model improvement
- DDS&OP protection for critical strategic impacts
Module 13: Program Summary
- Program Summary
- Expected Benefits of DDMRP
- Get Started with DDMRP
What's the refund policy?
There is no refund 14 days before the event.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, you do not have to bring your ticket
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes, your ticket is 100% transferrable
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Yes, you can substitute anyone from your company
Is the cost of the certification exam included?
No, the cost of the exam is not included. It can be purchased separately after the class if desired.