The class will be taught personally by Chad Smith and Carol Ptak live every Wednesday starting April 1 from 8 am - 10 am PT (Los Angeles time). Each class is recorded and available through DDI's ONDEMAND site for your later review. After you have registered for this program you will receive the information on how to access the class.
Please also register for DDI's ONDEMAND membership at: https://www.demanddriveninstitute.com/member-content. Membership is free. All courseware and videos will be delivered through ONDEMAND.
The Demand Driven Leader (DDL)™ Program equips senior and mid-level operations and supply chain managers with the ability to design, implement and sustain a Demand Driven supply chain. The program spans Planning, Operations, Distribution and Finance. Designed by the leading authorities on the Demand Driven Adaptive Enterprise at the Demand Driven Institute, the Demand Driven Leader program is comprised of 7 modules. The DDL Program is THE official preparatory course for the The Demand Driven Leader Professional (DDLP)™ certification test.
Module 1: Today’s Organizational Challenges
- Part 1: The Rise of Complexity
- Part 2: Leadership’s Challenge
- Part 3: Flow as the Purpose
- Part 4: The prerequisites for Relevant Information
- Part 5: Conventional Distortion to Relevant Information
Module 2: Conventional Challenges to Flow
- Part 1: Variability and Its Impact to Flow
- Part 2: Distortions to relevant information and materials – Planning Systems
- Part 3: Distortions to relevant information and materials – Finance
- Part 4: The Need for Thoughtware
Module 3: A New Management Model Emerges
Module 4: The Demand Driven Operating Model
- Part 1: Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP)
- Part 2: Part 2: Demand Driven Scheduling and Shop Floor Execution
Module 5: Flow-Based Metrics
Module 6: Demand Driven Sales and Operations Planning (DDS&OP)
- Part 1: Tactical Configuration & Reconciliation
- Part 2: Tactical Review
- Part 3: Tactical Projection
- Part 4: Tactical Exploitation
- Part 5: Strategic Recommendation
- Part 6: Adaptive Sales and Operations Planning (Adaptive S&OP)
Module 7: The Demand Driven Adaptive Enterprise Model Development Path
For more information about the Demand Driven Leader Program go to: http://www.demanddriveninstitute.com/demand-driven-leader-ddl
1. What is a Demand Driven Operating Model?
A Demand Driven Operating Model is a supply order generation, operational scheduling and execution model utilizing actual demand in combination with strategic decoupling and control points and stock, time and capacity buffers in order to create a predictable and agile system that promotes and protects the flow of relevant information and materials within the tactical relevant operational range (hourly, daily and weekly). A Demand Driven Operating Model’s key parameters are set through the Demand Driven Sales and Operations Planning process to meet the stated business and market objectives while minimizing working capital and expedite related expenses.
2. How does the DDL compare to the DDP?
There is some overlap between the programs. The material in the DDMRP and DDDRP sections of the DDL is redundant on the DDP Program material. The DDP goes into much greater depths on these topics. That material, however, will constitute only about 15% of the total DDL.
3. Where does the DDL Fit in the implementing Demand Driven concepts? The DDL will become a necessary cog in supporting any DDMRP (or bigger) implementation by giving mid-level and senior management an across the board look at flow and the concepts need to support flow. Without that support DDMRP implementations are always at risk. This will be particularly more important in larger enterprises.
4. What's the refund policy? There is no refund 14 days before the event.
5. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? No, you do not have to bring your ticket
6. Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable? Yes, your ticket is 100% transferrable
7. Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends? Yes, you can substitute anyone from your company
8. Is the cost of the certification exam included? No, the cost of the exam is not included. It can be purchased separately after the class if desired.