This FREE session will describe the advances within the Department of Children and Families to maintain the safety, permanence, and well-being of the children and families the Department serves.
Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the agency's current mission, goals and values.
- Describe the agency's practice model.
- Articulate the issues of disproportionality and disparity among children of color within CT, and how DCF is taking steps to mitigate them.
- Explore their own professional values as they relate to child abuse and neglect.
- Describe the population served by CT's child welfare system.
- Identify values which align with DCF goals.
- Become aware of the Structured Decision Making (SDM) tools and teaming processes the guide DCF's work.