Join us for DC Metropolitan Chapter of CSI's October Meeting - a joint event with Northern Virginia chapter of CSI!
5:30 PM - Attitude Adjustment Happy Hour and Networking
6:30 PM - Dinner and Presentation
Tickets - FREE DC Chapter Members; $20 Non-Members
Designing and Specifying Architectural Coatings for Metal
Participants will learn how to correctly identify, understand and specify the finishing solutions offered to the fenestration industry. We will also examine in detail UV degradation, color gloss performance measuring, sustainability and how it all relates to AAMA codes.
- Understand finishing solutions available to the fenestration industry
- Learn how UV degrades a coating binder and color pigment
- Examine how color and gloss are measured and rated
- Understand sustainability within the finishing industry
- Identify how to select and specify finishes based on their performance related to AAMA
AIA Learning Unit Provided: 1 HSW/AIA/CES Learning Unit
About Our Speaker
Gabriel Morales-Sada resides in San Diego, California and serves as Architecture Coatings Marketing Manager Americas for AkzoNobel - Performance Coatings Division. Mr. Morales-Sada has served as Regional Director for both AkzoNobel and The Sherwin Williams coatings companies from 1996 to 2014 and gained strong market depth and technical expertise in "shop-applied" architectural coatings liquid and powder. Mr. Morales-Sada earned his bachelor's degree in Chemistry & Business Administration from the Universidad De Monterrey, Mexico.