Who the Event is For
MP6 Consulting LLC is hosting a 2-day Dare to Lead™ leadership training for individuals committed to being more courageous leaders at work or in their communities. This training is designed to provide new knowledge, skills, and tools for new leaders as well as seasoned, executive leaders.
About the Dare to Lead™ Program
Dare to Lead™ is an empirically based courage-building program based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown, research professor and author of five #1 New York Times bestsellers. This 2-day training focuses on the four skill sets of courage identified through Brené’s research. These skill sets are 100% teachable, making daring leadership possible for all seeking to be brave and cultivate courageous cultures.
October 23rd: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
October 24th: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Sign in and breakfast are 8:00 am – 8:30 am on both days.
- Light breakfast, lunch, snacks, and coffee, tea, and water
- Official Dare to Lead™ workbook
- Upon completing the training, you will receive a “Dare to Lead™ Trained” certificate and digital LinkedIn credential*
*This certificate will NOT allow you to facilitate the work as a Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator.
- 16-hour curriculum designed by the Brené Brown Education and Research Group
- In-person, co-creative facilitation
- Videos of Brené made exclusively for the Dare to Lead™ program
- Small group and pair work
- Interactive and reflective exercises to practice the four skill sets of courage
- Beautiful wooded location in Arlington, VA
Participates will learn:
- What courageous leadership and cultures look like and what happens when courage is absent.
- What gets in the way of us showing up as our whole selves and being brave.
- The four skill sets of courage and how to immediately begin building them and putting them into practice.
Highlighted Focus Areas
Skill Set #1: Rumbling With Vulnerability
- Define your call to courage as a leader
- Understand the role of courage and vulnerability in daring leadership
- Understand shame and empathy and their role in daring leadership
- Recognize armor and articulate how it gets in the way of daring leadership
- Understand the behaviors of armored versus daring leadership
- Understand how to develop grounded confidence to replace your armor
Skill Set #2: Living Into Our Values
- Learn how values operate in our lives and their role in integrity and daring leadership
- Identify your core values and operationalize them into observable behaviors
- Learn the daring skills that support you in tough conversations
Skill Set #3: Braving Trust
- Understand how trust is built and its role in connection and psychological safety
- Learn the seven elements of trust and identify observable behaviors for these elements
Skill Set #4: Learning To Rise
- Learn the critical role curiosity and emotional literacy play in developing rising skills
- Recognize common strategies for offloading emotions and learn more effective behaviors for managing them
- Understand how our brain is wired for stories and how the stories we create affect our behavior and ability to effectively lead and interact with others
- Learn how to rumble with our stories
- Read Dare to Lead
- Watch Brené’s TED talks: The Power of Vulnerability and Listening to Shame
- Watch Brené’s Netflix Special: A Call to Courage
- Take the Daring Leadership Assessment: https://daretolead.brenebrown.com/assessment/
- Sign in and a light breakfast will occur 8:00 am - 8:30 am on both days of the training. You must sign in and out on both days to receive your certificate and LinkedIn badge.
- Hendry House is located in Arlington, VA, close to the George Washington Parkway. There is a free parking lot on site, and various rideshare and taxis serve the facility. Rosslyn Metro station is closest station (though not walkable).
- Lunch will be provided each day. Please notify us of any dietary restrictions.
- If you require any reasonable accommodations, please advise us no later than October 11.
- Please dress for comfort. (Jeans are acceptable and welcomed!)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- You can transfer your paid registration to another participant if you notify the organizer (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 7 days of the training date.
- If you cancel your registration by October 1, 2019, you will be given a full refund of your registration price minus a $75 cancellation charge.
- If you cancel your registration after October 1, 2019, you will be refunded half of your registration price.