Model, Measure, and Prioritize Your Risk in Dollars and Cents
Learn a common language and framework that allows information security professionals, senior executives, and independent directors to communicate and partner effectively to manage cybersecurity risk.
This workshop is designed to introduce information security professionals, senior executives, and independent directors to the current state-of-the-art in measuring information risk in financial terms. Participants will acquire the foundational skills used to identify, assess, and communicate risk in business terms using a common vocabulary and methodology through demonstration and hands-on exercises.
By the end of the workshop, participants will gain skills necessary to:
- Understand risk as a function of the likelihood and impact of an event within a specified context
- Compare the use of risk matrices (heat maps) with current value at risk (VaR) quantification models
- Evaluate the sources of data used to quantify risk, including security logs, publicly available breach data, surveys, and calibrated expert opinion
- Apply the Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) standard in describing and characterizing risk scenarios
- Use stochastic simulations to measure the financial impact of information risk
- Quantify the relative value of controls to reduce risk for a sample scenario
50% Discount For Registration By Friday, September 20
Use Promo Code EARLYBIRD