CSTM/SCTM 2018: Critical Issues in Ethnomusicology
The annual meeting of the Canadian Society for Traditional Music will take place on May 25 and 26, 2018, at the Mâmawêyatitân Centre in Regina, SK, Canada. The conference theme is "Critical Issues in Ethnomusicology," and presentations will explore a wide range of world musics and critical issues, including:
• Indigenizing and/or decolonizing the academy/music studies;
• Responses to and actions emerging from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission;
• Border crossing and migrations;
• Music as, or in response to, inclusion/exclusion;
• Micro-histories and musical practices of communities large and small;
• Community-engaged methodologies and research reciprocity;
• Research-creation and other (new) research methodologies;
• Technologies for research dissemination including digital and multimedia representations;
• Other areas of critical engagement of interest to our membership.
The Mâmawêyatitân Centre is located at 3355 6th Ave, Regina, SK S4T 3H7.
For a refund of the registration fee, organizers must be notified by *April 30, 2018*. A processing fee of $25 will apply.
If the event is cancelled by organizers, registration fees will be refunded.