Rust Never Sleeps: Creative Close-ups at Old Car City USA
Close-up photography workshop with Jason P. Odell, Ph.D.
Learn close-up and macro photography with professional photographer Jason P. Odell while exploring one of the most unique automotive graveyards in the world.
Maximum group size: 8 photographers
Instructional Fee: $975 per participant
($250 deposit* before Feb 1, 2022)
*Deposit is non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by the organizer. Final payment is due in full on March 1, 2022.
Experience Level: Open to all levels
Please note that you are expected to have a fundamental understanding of how to set exposure and focus on your camera.
You will also need to know how to download and edit images with your computer or tablet.
Physical Activity Level: Mild
Old Car City is a 40+ acre lot and you will be required to carry your camera gear while walking outdoors through a relatively flat, wooded area.
- Pre-workshop macro photography class (online)
- Field instruction & "ask me anything" support
- Classroom instruction on post-processing, including focus-stacking
- Two days admission to Old Car City USA
- Image review session & critique
Pre-Workshop Online Class: Fundamentals of Macro Photography (TBD)
Day 1: Meet at 6pm in Hotel Lobby for orientation session
Day 2: 9am-4pm Photography at Old Car City USA
Day 3: 9am-12pm Photography at Old Car City USA/ 2pm-5 pm: Post-processing workshop
Day 4: Depart for home
Follow-up: We will have an online image sharing session (TBD)
- DSLR or Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Macro lens or close-up accessories (extension tubes)
- Laptop computer with image editing software of your choice*
- Adobe Lightroom Classic & Adobe Photoshop (optional)
- Helicon Focus (optional)
*You are expected to have a working understanding of how to download and edit your photos using your software of choice.
To protect your investment in this workshop in the event you cannot attend, I strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance to cover your workshop and travel costs. I offer TravelGuard insurance policies here.