Welcome, School Representatives!
DTCB 2020: October 16-18 and October 23-25, 2020
Launching the 10th Annual DTCB as a Virtual Event
Dancewave Through College & Beyond (DTCB) is a unique nationwide event, traditionally held on an NYC campus with close to 1000 attendees annually. DTCB enables meaningful connections between motivated students and renowned faculty from colleges across the country, and helps students navigate the college admissions process.
DTCB 2020 will be a virtual event, giving college dance department recruiters access to more prospective student leads and up to 200 auditionees for program admission and scholarship considerations. The 2-weekend online event will be open to hundreds of families via Zoom October 16-18 and October 23-25. Up to 60 DTCB colleges may participate in our College Fair, which is broken up into groups of 30 unique colleges featured over each of the two event weekends.
College Fair schedule includes the following for each DTCB college on one of the two event weekends:
- Friday: Virtual Event Orientation
- Saturday: 90-minute College Fair Panel session for 2 reps from your school, with your own 30-minute private breakout room built into the session
- Sunday: 60-minute Peer-to-Peer Panel for one alumni or current student from your school
Schools will receive their assigned dates and times 2 weeks prior to the event. ALL 60 COLLEGE FAIR and PEER-TO-PEER PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AVAILABLE BOTH WEEKENDS until they receive their College Fair assignments.
Click here for a tentative event schedule (subject to change).
With the launch of DTCB’s very own website this year, all DTCB colleges and non-degree programs’ promotions will remain accessible on our site through their own individual DTCB Virtual Fair Booths for up to 10 months. Use your Virtual Booth as a landing page to connect with a targeted list of potential student leads before, during and after DTCB. Give families a deeper look into your program with our Premium Virtual Booth promotions (see details below).
DTCB 2020 Package Features Explained
VIRTUAL FAIR BOOTH: BASIC & PREMIUM
Dancewave is excited to launch a brand new event website, just for DTCB! Your Virtual Booth will go live within 2 business days once Dancewave has received and approved all necessary marketing materials from your college registration. The sooner you complete your registration and marketing, the more time to promote your program! DTCB 2020 Virtual Booth lease goes from July 7th, 2020 through May 7th, 2021.
Virtual Booth Only Package: DTCB’s new website offers an expanded ability to promote colleges and dance programs, even if they are not participating in our October schedule of live Virtual College Fair panels. If you are registering a non-degree program or are only interested in promoting your program on our website, check out our Virtual Booth Only Package at registration.
Click here to see a sample of a Virtual College Booth utilizing all of the Premium Promotions features (available only for select packages).
Automatic with registration, all DTCB Colleges/programs will receive:
- Virtual Booth featuring your logo, website, program details, main booth promotional image, department contact, and the option to include a link to your digital brochure. (Scroll to bottom of Event Details to see Marketing Checklist and guidelines for submitting these materials.)
- Full- or half-page advertisement in DTCB digital event program. DTCB staff will follow up to collect advertisement artwork from your team. Must be high resolution file (minimum 300 ppi) in .png, or .pdf format, without crop/bleed marks.
- Specs for Full-page advertisement: (vertical orientation) 5.25" w x 8.25" h - Complete College Fair & Audition Package and College Fair Package Plus
- Specs for Half-page advertisement: (horizontal orientation) 5.25" w x 4" h - College Fair Package and Virtual Booth Only Package
- Targeted list of student leads interested in learning more about your program.
Premium Promotions (available for select packages) features include:
- Option to include 3 additional high-quality photos of your choice (featuring stage performances, your facilities or program strengths).
- Option to include 1 high-quality video link to be embedded onto your Virtual Booth.
DTCB Coordinator will follow up with Premium Booth-eligible colleges via email to collect additional marketing materials.
VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIR PANEL
Available for up to 60 colleges & universities. Two representatives from each college will have reserved online seats in our 90-minute Zoom College Fair panel sessions, which include:
- 60-minute Q&A grouped with no more than two additional schools.
- 30-minute exclusive private breakout session for both reps to interact with focused groups of interested students.
Included with both College Fair Packages and Complete/Audition Package. Maximum 1 current student or alumni from your college may attend and give high schoolers a first-hand view into their experience. A DTCB favorite!
Click here to preview our Virtual Auditions format. DTCB Audition Database coordinates the following audition materials from up to 200 graduating seniors, giving DTCB Audition Panelists access to auditionee details viewable at their own pace through a simple login to our website portal. The DTCB Audition database provides the following materials, going live to our website portal in three stages:
- October 10th: Auditionee names, headshots and resumes released
- October 17th: Pre-recorded Ballet audition video links released (15-20 minutes total per student)
- October 24th: Pre-recorded Modern/Improvisation video links released (2-3 minutes Modern/Improv per student); plus any additional video submissions**
**To ensure that all DTCB students feel culturally self-expressed, Auditionees have the option to submit an additional third Audition Video in a dance style of their choosing. Students understand that Ballet and Modern/Improv videos are required for admissions and scholarship consideration.
Please note: Programs participating in the DTCB Audition Panel should have the ability to accept students into their dance program based on this audition. DTCB Auditions save families thousands of dollars in travel expenses, without it they would need to visit 30 or more different colleges & universities across the country.
- DTCB Audition Panelists have the option to list your direct admissions/department contact (name/email address, webpage, auto-scheduler, calendar invite, etc) in your Virtual Booth, available only during the duration of the DTCB 2020 Event. Bring registered high school seniors directly in contact with you!
PLEASE NOTE: DTCB College Fair & Audition Panel is not available for Non-degree dance programs. Please choose Virtual Booth Only Package at checkout.
If registering on or near August 31st, please make sure that your payment processing fulfills one of our 3 requirements below:
If paying by credit card: your payment will be processed in full at the time of registration checkout.
If paying by purchase order: you must provide via email to DTCB@dancewave.org (Attn. Aliya Perry) your proof of processed purchase order, including a purchase order number and/or confirmation number from your school's billing office no later than September 11th.
If paying by check: you must provide via email to DTCB@dancewave.org (Attn. Aliya Perry) a tracking number from UPS or USPS for your mailed check no later than September 11th.
NOTE ABOUT MARKETING MATERIALS: Please keep in mind that you'll need to EVENTUALLY provide some important marketing materials, but you are able to submit most of them later, up until September 15. Click here for details about DTCB marketing materials.