This course is for those who have held their LCSW for at least 3 years and who wish to supervise Delaware LMSWs seeking their clinical hours. After completing this program you will recieve 5 CE credits as well as a certificate for clinical supervision. All attendees completing the certificate program will be listed in the NASW-DE Clinical Supervisor Database.
Clinical supervision is different than regular supervision. Discover the difference and earn your certificate in supervision through NASW-DE. In this 1-day certificate program you will learn how to recognize & identify the critical aspects of an interactional model of clinical supervision & be able to incorporate this model in clinical supervisor role.
We will also cover:
· Understanding the relationship between clinical supervision & the treatment of a client/patient/consumer.
· Becoming aware of the ethical principles concerning clinical supervision & be able to apply the principles to the clinical supervisor role.
· Exploring ethical challenges relevant to supervision anddevelop guidelines for managing these challenges.
· Supervisory skills and techniques will be highlighted throughout.
· Learn & practice skills of clinical supervision methods that will facilitate a positive relationship & professional growth between the supervisor and clinician.
· Develop an individual action plan for supervising social workers towards their LCSW credential.