North Greenville University is proud to partner with the Gideon Law Group to provide this conference for church and religious non-profits in our region.
On a daily basis, churches and religious non-profits face ongoing legal, operational, and liability issues that require specialized skills and knowledge to overcome. It is often the case that churches and religious non-profits fail to take advantage of the numerous legal benefits that are designed to help them succeed in their missions simply because they do not know enough about this area of the law.
Attend this comprehensive overview on church and non-profit law to obtain a better understanding of the ongoing employment, tax, insurance, fundraising, and other legal issues that face churches and other religious non-profits.
All attendees will take away valuable information they can use to confidently lead their organization through the technical legal issues they are facing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Churches: Senior Pastors, Associate Pastors, Board Members, Lay Leaders, Elders, Deacons, Church Staff Members, and the regular Church Volunteer
Religious Non-Profits: Board Members, Founders, Executive Directors, Office Managers, Staff, and Volunteers
1. The Scope of a Legal Audit
2. The Formation Process – Did you do it right?
3. The Governance of a Church and Non-profit
4. Churches/Non-profits: Tax-Exemption
5. Churches/Non-profits: Employment Law
6. Churches/Non-profits: Technology, & Digital Security
7. Church/Non-profits: Financial Policies
8. Minister Compensation, Benefits and Related Issues
9. Churches/Non-profits: Liability and Lawsuits
10. Churches/Non-profits: Insurance
11. Churches/Non-profits: Intellectual Property
12. Churches/Non-profits: General Campus Operations
13. Churches/Non-profit: Sexual Harassment
14. Churches/Non-profits: Mergers