Christmastime on the Danube and Bavaria's Wachau Valley
Join me for an unforgettable European photography experience as we cruise the Danube and explore the spectacle of the largest Christmastime markets in Europe. This photo tour takes us from Vienna to Nuremburg and includes photography instruction and workshops. We'll begin our trip in Vienna, with an extra day to explore and photograph the city before boarding our river cruise, where we'll have 6 nights of luxury travel and guided tours of the Christmas Markets (Christkindlmarkts) in multiple stops along the way. We'll cruise along the Danube and the Wachau valley, with stops in Melk, Passau, and Regensberg before disembarking in Nuremberg.
This unique adventure is limited to 14 photographers. Non-photographer companions will receive a discounted rate.
As an added bonus, I'm offering a three night extension in Prague, where we'll have photo walks plus independent exploration time. From there we'll travel by train to Vienna and begin the cruise portion of the tour.
- Dec. 7, 2023: Arrive Vienna and transfer to our group hotel
- Dec. 8: Explore and photograph Vienna with Jason
- Dec 9: Transfer to our river cruise ship & onboard welcome reception
- Dec 10: Vienna: City sightseeing; Christmas market
- Dec 11: Wachau Valley-Melk-Grein: Scenic cruising through the Wachau Valley; guided visit of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk; Onboard Austrian cookies tasting; guided tour in Grein
- Dec 12: Passau: Guided tour; Christmas market
- Dec 13: Regensburg: Guided tour; Christmas market
- Dec 14: Nuremberg: On board Christmas Traditions lecture; choice of guided tour or Nuremberg Rally Grounds tour; Christmas market
- Dec 15: Nuremberg (Disembarkation): Your cruise ends this morning; transfer to airport or your next destination!
- Pre-tour photography orientation session
- Field support for interchangeable lens cameras & smartphone cameras
- Special topic: Photography workflow while traveling
- Special topic: Creating visual impact with selective adjustments
- Special topic: Sharpening & Noise Reduction Techniques with the latest AI software
- Personalized photo critiques with Jason
- Hands-on field support
- Image Sharing Sessions
*Non-photographer companions are welcome at a reduced price!
- All shipboard meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Guided tours as listed in the itinerary
- All shipboard gratuities
- Port fees and taxes
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional hotel nights (if needed)
- Travel Insurance (required)
All prices listed are per-person, based on sharing a double-occupancy stateroom
- $5999 per photographer (non-photographer companions $5489)
Panorama Suite with 200 square-foot suite with sitting area, floor to ceiling windows, and French balcony
- This is by far the best way to experience a European river cruise, because you'll get amazing views from the floor to ceiling windows, and you can open the windows to capture images free of reflections.
- *Other cabin types may be available (subject to availability); contact me for more informations
Solo travelers: Contact me for pricing and availability before booking
Pre-Cruise Extension: Christmastime in Prague ($599 pp, double-occupancy)
Start your stay in Prague, then travel by train to Vienna to join the cruise tour
- 3 nights in Prague, Czechia (Dec. 4-6, 2023)
- Two days of photography and exploration with Jason Odell
- Independent exploration time
- 1st class rail tickets to Vienna, Austria
- Hotel transfers
Deposit & Payment Schedule
- $250 initial deposit per person (double occupancy) reserves your space until Jan 31, 2023 (non-refundable unless the event is canceled by the organizer)
- $500 per stateroom booking deposit confirms your trip due Feb 10, 2023 (non-refundable)
- Remaining balance will be due in two installments (TBA)