A flagship program of Choir Alberta, Choralfest is Alberta’s non-competitive festival for choirs. In addition to performance and workshop experiences for choirs, the festival offers professional development opportunities for conductors and provides participants with valuable post-festival tools for learning. The goal of the festival is to facilitate the growth and development of each choir in a positive, creative, and educationally-focused environment.
Choirs of all ages, types, and levels of experience attend Choralfest. These include:
- Children’s choirs
- Elementary school choirs
- Middle school and junior high school choirs
- Youth choirs
- High school choirs
- Adult community choirs
- Vocal jazz ensembles
- Church choirs
- Senior’s choirs
- A cappella groups
Auditioned and non-auditioned choirs are welcome.
Choralfest operates using a "pod" system. Here's how it works:
- Each choir in a pod will arrive at the same time for a 15 minute warm up in 3 separate spaces.
- Following the warm up, choirs will gather in the sanctuary to perform a set of music up to 20 minutes in length for each other, the evaluators, and the general public.
- Once all 3 choirs have performed, each choir will move to their clinic location and will receive two 20 minute clinics from 2 of the festival evaluators.
- We will still provide video recordings of your performance.
The total time it takes for each choir to make their way through the festival is 1 hour 55 minutes.