Early bird Registration $799 Ends April 30
Regular registration $899 Begins May1
ARIE PBL academies are going on the road! We'll be bringing project based learning and methodology to engage as well as excite teachers and administration alike.
This workshop includes comprehensive instructions in the following:
- LEARN how to design unique PBL units for use in the classroom.
- UNDERSTAND the value of PBL and each component part as you learn from doing.
- ENGAGE with peers from other schools in hands-on engaging PBL activities.
- LEARN from an instructional team who have been using PBL daily in all curricular areas for all grade levels and in communities around the world.
- LEAVE with the understanding of how to design PBL units and how to manage practical PBL implementation.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- All materials.
- Please bring your laptop with thumb-drive.
- Lunch and refreshments daily.
- Recertification and Step/Scale Credit Award included as CEU
This three day event will start from ground zero and prepare any teacher to become PBL ready for the classroom.
Participants are launched into the world of Project Based Learning (PBL), reviewing evidence of the model’s success and the need for its successful implementation in a 21st Century classroom. Project ideation and standards- centered rubrics are covered in detail, providing the foundation for the participants’ personal projects that will be constructed over the next three days.
Successful projects actively engage students with research and project workdays. Today, participants discover how to scaffold these activities and learn how to incorporate both traditional and nontraditional assessments to determine student mastery of concepts and skills to close the achievement gap. Participants will also explore how to engage students with Entry Events, the hook that first introduces a project to a new audience.
Today, participants acquire tools to successfully run collaborative student groups and manage projects through completion. Participants then share their personally created projects to a panel of peers and experts for constructive feedback, learning the expectations for students presentations. A final, meaningful reflection then provides next steps to successfully implement the created projects upon return to the participant’s home campus.
You will need to bring any technology you wish to use for the training. A tablet or laptop is strongly advised for this training as you will be creating your first project as you progress through the three days. This training will also include continuing education hours. Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Think Global PBL Leadership Academy will be held in conjunction for District and Campus Administrators, Instructional Leaders and Coaches that come with their teaching team.