NOTE: The course starts promptly at 9am and ends by 5pm on both days.
The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is an immersion into the Product Owner role with hands-on activities teaching how build products that customers love using Agile methods.
“The class was absolutely fabulous. Brad was very knowledgeable. He is one of the best instructors I’ve met in my 30+ year career.”
– Doug Hall, Sr. Integration Manager
Why choose Brad Swanson and Kelsus?
· Highly interactive, fun, hands-on learning
· Practical tools and techniques you can apply immediately
· Get insights gained the hard way - through helping many companies, large and small, successfully implement Scrum
· Average course rating from participants is 9 out of 10
What you’ll learn:
· Agile values & principles –how to make them serve as your guide
· The Scrum framework – how all the pieces fit together, and what’s missing
· The Scrum roles: Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Development team
· Responsibilities – and authority - of the Product Owner
· Several impactful ways to communicate your product vision
· Tools to evaluate the business case for your Product
· Simple tools to build an effective Product Roadmap
· Techniques to engage your stakeholders meaningfully
· Defining your customer segments with rich Personas
· Discovering features and organizing them into a manageable format
· Validated learning: how to discover the features customers truly need
· A variety of models for sequencing (prioritizing) features and projects
· Leveraging user stories for better feature definition (requirements)
· Patterns for breaking large features into small user stories
· How to get actionable, fast and frequent product feedback
· Backlog refinement (grooming) techniques to optimize effectiveness
· Long-range product forecasting methods – the Lean-Agile way
Here is a what our past participants are saying!
“Awesome. Very engaging.” -- Shavaughn Swain
“Course was very interactive and engaging. It was great having an instructor with such a breadth of knowledge and enthusiasm for Scrum/Agile with no hidden agendas or slant toward any software products. Brad's style is very approachable, informative, and was more like a coach helping us to learn by first providing the information, then using activities to help reinforce what we just learned. I would recommend this course and instructor to anyone needing CSPO certification for a job or just to increase their understanding of Scrum/Agile.” – Mary Trotter
“Great and informative course. Really enjoyed the practice of creating a product and going through the stages of story mapping, writing user stories, and creating a backlog.” – Shawn McCarty, Business Analyst
Participants earn 14 PDUs from the PMI, which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) designations.
Participants also earn 14 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation from the Scrum Alliance.
CSPO – Who Should Attend
Anyone in an Agile organization should attend!
The course is primarily designed to teach the Product Owner role, and it also provides a great foundation of knowledge and skills for anyone who is part of an Agile organization, or an organization making a transition to Agile process and Scrum.
Applicable roles for this course include:
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Business Analysts
- User Experience / User Interaction Designers
- Project Managers
- Team Leads and Technical Leads
- Executives and Managers
- Sales people
- Marketing people
- Developers, Testers & other technical team members
- Anyone else working in an Agile organization…