The Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course is an immersion into the ScrumMaster role with hands-on activities teaching how to build high-performing Agile team and optimize your effectiveness using Scrum.
“The class was absolutely fabulous. Brad was very knowledgeable. He is one of the best instructors I’ve met in my 30+ year career.”
– Doug Hall, Sr. Integration Manager
Why choose Brad Swanson and Kelsus?
· Highly interactive, fun, hands-on learning
· Practical tools and techniques you can apply immediately
· Get insights gained the hard way - through helping many companies, large and small, successfully implement Scrum
· Average course rating from participants is 9 out of 10
What you’ll learn:
· The Lean principles that lay the foundation for Scrum
· Agile values & principles – how to Be Agile, rather than just Do Scrum
· The Scrum framework – how all the pieces fit together, and what’s missing
· The Scrum roles: Product Owner, ScrumMaster, and Development team
· The Responsibilities – and mindset - of the ScrumMaster
· Several techniques to effectively facilitate the various Scrum meetings
· Effective tools for tracking progress toward your project/product goals
· How to collect and share actionable metrics
· Ways to help your Product Owner manage a product backlog
· Techniques to have high-impact Retrospectives for process improvement
· How to get identify and manage impediments & roadblocks
· Practices for scaling Scrum to many teams
· Long-range product forecasting and estimating methods – the Lean-Agile way
Here is a what our past participants are saying!
“Awesome. Very engaging.” -- Shavaughn Swain
“Course was very interactive and engaging. It was great having an instructor with such a breadth of knowledge and enthusiasm for Scrum/Agile with no hidden agendas or slant toward any software products. Brad's style is very approachable, informative, and was more like a coach helping us to learn by first providing the information, then using activities to help reinforce what we just learned. I would recommend this course and instructor to anyone needing CSPO certification for a job or just to increase their understanding of Scrum/Agile.” – Mary Trotter
“Great and informative course. Really enjoyed the practice of creating a product and going through the stages of story mapping, writing user stories, and creating a backlog.” – Shawn McCarty, Business Analyst
This class will fully prepare you to pass the CSM exam, administered by the Scrum Alliance. The exam fee is included in your course registration. Course attendance and passing the exam are both required to earn the CSM certification.
Participants earn 14 PDUs from the PMI, which can be applied to Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) designations.
Scrum Alliance SEUs (Scrum Education Units)
Participants also earn 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs) toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation from the Scrum Alliance.
CSM – who should attend
Anyone in an Agile organization should attend!
The course teaches Scrum & Agile fundamentals, advanced practices, and the role of ScrumMaster. It also provides a great foundation of knowledge and skills for anyone who is part of an Agile organization, or an organization making a transition to Agile process and Scrum.
Applicable roles for this course include:
- Current and aspiring ScrumMasters
- Project Managers
- Department and Functional Managers
- Organizational change agents and Coaches
- Project Team members (technical or non-technical)
- Developers, Testers & other technical team members
- Team Leads and Technical Leads
- Executives and Managers
- Sales people inside or alongside an Agile Organization
- Anyone else working in an Agile organization…
Lunch and breakfast will be served each day. Breaks of 10-15 minutes will be scheduled approximately every 60-90 minutes.