CARTER’S CHESS ONLINE - TERM 3, 2020
Carter’s Chess Online offers three levels of engagement.
Our program is designed to: PROMOTE PARTICIPATION IN CHESS WITH GREAT VARIETY AND INCREDIBLE VALUE.
We wish to make EVERY day a CHESS-TACULAR day!
Benefits of joining Carter’s Chess Online:
1. Access to 10 chess events each week for of the 10 weeks throughout the Term Three
2. Directed by qualified teachers and structured to promote development in chess skills
3. Chat Room open (when a group leader is viewing) to build community and monitored for safety and security
4. Participants have opportunity to extend skills through SIMUL play
5. Access to chess coaches should you decide to seek additional coaching
Making Term Three BIGGER and BETTER! This term we are adding even more value by:
1. Introducing online live coaching from Week 5 - Silver and Gold Memberships only
2. Emailing and messaging links and passwords for four weeks worth of events
3. Mixing chess variants (e.g. Antichess) and ‘normal’ tournaments into both morning and afternoon sessions
4. Discounts to Carter’s Chess live chess events (when social distancing regulations are lifted) and school holiday online chess programs
5. Simplified membership levels - Bronze = mornings, Silver = afternoons, Gold = all!
6. Exploring the concept of an app for this term with hopes that it will further improve the ease of accessing events for families
NOTE: participants do need an account with lichess.org (free and private).
BRONZE MEMBERSHIP ~ access 50 morning challenges.
Kick-start each day with critical thinking and problem solving through chess. No better way to focus the mind and develop strategic thinking skills for the day ahead.
Participants registered for Bronze Membership will have access to ALL MORNING ONLINE EVENTS in Term 3, 2020.
The morning chess challenges commence at 7:00am, Monday to Friday, for all 10 weeks of Term Three.
Participants do not need to play the full 45 minutes each day - even a 15 minute session is beneficial.
A fun mix of chess variants and ‘normal’ chess tournaments.
SILVER MEMBERSHIP ~ access 50 afternoon challenges.
Designed for those who love chess and want to significantly improve their skills. Refresh and reset the mind after each school day. Refocus in preparation for homework tasks and assignments.
Participants registered for Silver Membership will have access to ALL AFTERNOON ONLINE EVENTS including Tuesday Tutorials and Thursday SIMULS (including some of our region’s and Queensland’s best chess players).
The afternoon sessions commence at 4:30pm, Monday to Friday, for all 10 weeks of Term Three.
Participants do not need to play the full 60 minutes each day - even a 15 minute session is beneficial.
A challenging mix of chess variants, ‘normal’ chess tournaments and guided instruction.
GOLD MEMBERSHIP ~ access 100+ challenges plus merch!
Participants registered for Gold Membership will have access to:
* ALL MORNING ONLINE EVENTS throughout Term 3
* ALL AFTERNOON ONLINE EVENTS (including the SIMULs) throughout Term 3
* GOLD MEMBERSHIP ACCESS TO CHESSKID.COM throughout Term 3
Participants will also receive some very special merchandise (i.e. Carter’s Chess merch or their very own tournament-size chess board and pieces)!