Are you feeling unfulfilled in your current social work role? Have you applied to multiple social work positions without success? Are you wondering if you are on the right career path for your degree and interests? If you said yes to any of these questions, then our new Career Development Program may be for you.
While career coaching can be helpful at any point in someone's professional journey, good career coaching in the early years of college or immediately post-college can put individuals on more solid footing—not just with a well-crafted résumé and a suitable career path, but also with a mindset that helps them understand that the career path of today is not as direct as it might have been in previous generations.
NASW-NJ & DE have created a 6 week group Career Development Program which will cover:
- 11/4 Week 1: Basics of Social Work, Self-Assessment & Starting your Professional Development Journey
- 11/11 Week 2: Sense of Self, Values & Non-Negotiables
- 11/18 Week 3: Creating Your Career Story
- 11/ 25 Thanksgiving Breaks
- 12/2 Week 4: Interview Training, Networking, & Basics of Professional Etiquette
- 12/9 Week 5: Mock Interviews, Salary Negotiations, & Setting Work Boundaries
- 12/16 Week 6: Career Planning, S.M.A.R.T. Goals, & Final Portfolio
We will meet weekly on Thursdays starting November 4th to December 12th via Zoom to cover one module at a time between 7-9 PM. We will cover material and do live workshops during the session, and then attendees will have homework to complete during the week.
Be prepared to work hard! After this program, participants will feel confident and prepared to take on their career with: a compelling career story, resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, networking plan, interview training, and career plan.
Please note there are LIMITED seats available. Enjoy this small cohort style program and register today!