Welcome to CAP Kid Camp North Carolina
This is a family camp and alll children must be accompanied by at least one paying parent or guardian.
The camp does not provide bedding. Bring either a sleeping bag and pillow or a fitted sheet/pillow/blanket as well as towels and beach towels.
Will it be fun? YES!!
We will be doing a lot of fun stuff and will even go to the beach one day (shuttle service provided). Prepare to enjoy yourself as we kick off at Camp Kirkwood! This is not a surf camp but we will visit the beach!!
Look below to check out how cool Kirkwood is and strap in, June is coming soon!
Come experience the 195 beautiful acres of Camp Kirkwood!
What makes Camp Kirkwood especially unique is its location and ability to provide your child with a number of summer camp activities that are usually exclusive to residential camps. Your campers will enjoy activities like zip lines, archery, canoeing, swimming, low and high ropes courses, arts and crafts, hiking, bb guns and more! This year we are providing our campers with pick up locations so that everyone can join in the fun this summer!
For more than 50 years, Camp Kirkwood has welcomed campers, giving them a chance to escape the distraction of modern life and experience God’s breath-taking natural world through exploration and adventure. Camp Kirkwood is located just outside of Watha, North Carolina and is managed by the Y. At Camp Kirkwood, the Y is able to create a one-of-a-kind opportunity for kids to build character, develop self-confidence and encourage self-expression.
Odyssey II High Ropes Course and Zipline
This summer why not enjoy all of the new activities Camp Kirkwood has to offer!
The Odyssey II High Ropes Course and Zip Line are now available! Camp Kirkwood now has a new Odyssey II High Ropes Course with a Zip Line that goes across the lake!
Don't forget about the pool and other amenities offered as well!
- Indoor and outdoor camping which includes eight cabins (with heating/ac and indoor bath facilities) scattered though the camp. Each cabin is capable of sleeping 8-10 persons bunk style. In the more "rustic" area there are eight screened cabins for a more realistic wilderness experience. These cabins share a central bath house that is within close walking distance of. Lastly, tenting sites are available to the "extremely rustic" camper with fire pits in each.
- Olympic sized Pool with a separate "kiddie" wading pool and has bath houses attached. It is completely fenced in and is staffed with Red Cross trained lifeguards onsite for all water activities with a certain ratio.
- Hiking trails and open spaces throughout the camp for field and sporting activities.
- Tom Sawyer Raft/Boats and Dock
- 8 acre lake which is canoe and kayak accessible.
- Vesper Dell which seats approximately 150 people with breathtaking views of the lake. This area has electric outlets available for screens, Camp Kirkwood Vesper Site sound systems and lighting if desired.
PHOTO OF CAMP KIRKWOOD - http://www.campkirkwoodnc.org/photo-gallery.html