This virtual training is designed to assist programs seeking initial or continuing CAHIIM accreditation. Attendees will learn to prepare for the process, review the Accreditation Standards and Curriculum requirements, examine the CAHIIM expectations for quality assessment, and assess overall program readiness.
The event walks through the steps to using the web based online CAHIIM Accreditation System (CAS) and get advice on the accreditation process and instructions on how to prepare the required documentation within the Self-Assessment process.
The process training will be available in a virtual format on Monday, February 15, 2021 and will remain available for viewing through Friday, April 23, 2021. Two live Q&A sessions will be held on Monday, April 26, 2021, and registrants will have the opportunity to ask their questions live to CAHIIM staff members.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Program directors, faculty, and administrators of Health Informatics (HI) and Health Information Management (HIM) programs seeking Initial Accreditation. Continuing programs in the 2021-2022 cycle are also required to attend.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU’s)
· This program has been approved for 5.50 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
· Health Informatics attendees requiring continuing education units are requested to contact CAHIIM (email@example.com) with their specific CEU requests.
· The fundamentals of CAHIIM Accreditation, policies, and procedures.
· Interpretation of the Accreditation Standards.
· A step-by-step guide to the program Self-Assessment process using the CAS online web-based system and its functionality.
· Explanation of CAHIIM expectations and documentation requirements.
· Curriculum design guidance and syllabus evaluation requirements.
· Constructing a meaningful program evaluation plan and outcomes assessment techniques.
· Examine resources, online program delivery, and practical experiences.
· Guidance on how to prepare for a successful site visit.
· Overview of the Annual Program Assessment Report (APAR).
· Information on how to write meaningful goals.
· Two separate live Q&A sessions with CAHIIM staff and much more.
Program Review Process and Stages: Initial & Continuing Accreditation | George J. Payan
The Accreditation Process will be explained for each stage for Initial and Continuing Accreditation applicants. CAHIIM Policies, Procedures and the Accreditation Timeline will be discussed. A review of Substantive Changes will be presented that occur before and after the Accreditation Process along with the impact of these changes on the program review process, Maintenance of Accreditation and Accreditation Status.
Annual Program Assessment Report (APAR)| Linde Tesch
Presentation will describe the Annual Program Assessment Report, what it is, why it is important and provide some guidelines about how to prepare for APAR reporting.
Best practices in Site Visit Preparations | Amanda Stefan
This session is about preparing for your site visit. The session will provide advice on how to prepare for a site visit, best practices on organizing materials, and what to expect from a virtual site visit.
Accreditation Fees | Jayne Kosik
Discussion will focus on the current fee structure, timing of invoicing, due dates, and payment methods.
Introduction to the CAHIIM Accreditation System (CAS) | Benjamin Doughty
In this presentation, Ben Doughty introduces programs to the CAHIIM Accreditation System (CAS), an online tool used by programs to demonstrate compliance with accreditation standards and by reviewers to provide feedback. The session provides a brief overview of the comprehensive review process and a step-by-step walkthrough on how to use the system to complete a self-assessment.
Health Informatics (HI)
Navigating the CAHIIM 2017 Health Informatics (HI) Standards | Linde Tesch
Two-part presentation that discusses each Master of Health Informatics standard, what each standard means, as well as reviews the focus questions and supporting documentation needed to successfully complete each standard.
Health Information Management (HIM)
Navigating the CAHIIM 2018 Health Information Management (HIM) Standards | Amanda Stefan
This presentation will discuss the 2018 Standards in detail. The presentation discusses commonly asked questions regarding the 2018 CAHIIM standards at the HIM Associate and Baccalaureate degree level.
Curriculum Evaluation | Amanda Stefan
In this session you will learn different ways in which CAHIIM will evaluate the curriculum that is submitted. The session will provide insight into how curriculum is evaluated for meeting competencies at the appropriate AHIMA Taxonomy Levels.
Writing Meaningful Goals | Barbara Manger
This session will provide insight from a CAHIIM Peer Reviewer about how to fill out the Program Evaluation Plan (PEP). The session will also provide guidance on how to write measurable program goals for the 2018 HIM Standards.
· Registration Per Attendee – Health Information Management (HIM): $300
· Registration Per Attendee – Health Informatics (HI): $300
Registration closes on April 1, 2021.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require registration with an invoice with check payment.
If mailing payment, please print a copy of your registration email and include it with the payment.
Registrations are not considered complete until payment is received in full. Payment must be received within 30 days of registration.
Cancellations made by February 14, 2021 will be refunded the paid registration fee.
Cancellations made after this date will not be refunded.
Conference cancellation requests should be emailed to email@example.com.